School Day

I watch Grover and Eli race twords the middle school. I lag a few steps behind Percy due to the fact that I don't feel like talking much.

I couldn't sleep because of Grover. Ever time I try to bring up the earthquakes he cuts me off or the words die in my throat. It's really not fare that I keep it from him. But maybe there is a demigod at our school?

I say goodbye to Eli and Grover falls in place beside Percy, who in turn stopped for me to catch up.

"Did Percy really not tell you about Paul?" Grover rolls his eyes.

I shake my head, "Never would've guessed."

I fall silent again as they talk about Paul. Sounds like he's a pretty cool guy outside of school too. I try to listen more to the stories they share but I'm too out of it to even register the pole I walk into.

I fall to the ground and blink. I wasn't even going that fast, what in Hades. I growl and stand up then dust myself off.

I level my gaze too the two boys that are laughing their butts off and glare with my hands on my hips. "You could've waned me you know."

Grover holds his laugh in long enough to sayc "We did,"

"Yeah, even I heard them." Lia peers down at me from the top of the wall. "You need hearing aids?"

I roll my eyes and pass through the school gate. "How'd you even get up there anyways?"

She points to the a nearby tree, "By climbing."

"Well how are you going to get down? I mean, it's twelve feet down and the nearest branch is to far for you to reach." Percy gives a crooked smile, "I am not going to catch you."

Lia huffs, "Wouldn't trust you too anyways." She then does something I would never have expected. She jumps.

She bends her knees to absorb some of the shock and then uses the momentum to roll. She jumps right up with a smile and looks at Grover. "Who is that, and why is his nose twitching?"

Percy and I both look at Grover who smiles sheepishly. Grover waves, "Grover Underwood."

Lia narrows her eyes like she's studying every inch of it before realization breaks out on her face. Then fear. But she quickly gets her emotions under control and grunts, "Lia," before grabbing my arm and dragging me to class.

When we arrive summer whirls to face me, "How do you know him?"

"We went to middle school together."

Lia seems to relax just a smidgen, "Do you trust him?"

"Yeah, I do."

Her face scrunches, "Do you trust me?"

"Duh, what type of question is that?"

She nods and takes a seat, leaving me clueless.
===========================
Lia avoided Grover the rest of the day. And when she couldn't, she made sure that their was some distance between them. And as I walk home with Percy, Grover, and Eli I can't help but wonder why.

I bid farewell to the boys and walk into the appartment, Eli right behind me.

"Girls I have someone I would like you too meet!" Aunt Elenore comes into the hallway, a big smile on her face and she leads us into the living room.

A man sits on the couch a shy smile on his face. "Elen, are these your nieces?"

"Yes they are. Girls this is Jack."

Eli gasps, "Oh your boyfriend!" She holds out her hand, "I'm Eliana. Call me Eli."

I watch them shake hands and then offer mine, "Celeste. Nice to meet you Jack."

He looks at me a moment before shaking my hand and I automatically feel something off. Then I chide myself, I don't even know the guy. Hades, not everyone is out to get you.

"I know that this is sudden, and not at all the way I imagined you guys meeting. But he needs a place to stay, his home became unstable during one of the earthquakes." Aunt Elenore rubs her hands together, "I hope it is okay that he stay here a few days."

"Where would he sleep?" Eli asks them. Auntie's eyes go wide and Jake actually blushes.

When it seems that neither are going to stop floundering like a fish out of water, I answer for them. "Jake can sleep in my room. I'll take the pull out bed in Eli's."

Auntie gives me a grateful smile and I grab Eli's hand so she can help me hide or move my valuables.

This is going to be an experience.

[A/N] So I realized that I haven't updated in a while and face palmed. I know I said I would update more during summer and for two weeks I did, but I am a procrastinator. During the school season, summer, anytime. But I am NOT done with this story and WILL finish it, please bear with me. Thank you all!