3

Louis had barely gotten any sleep when a new day had arrived. He tiredly got out of bed and got ready for a day of endless speaking and listening. The last time he'd had a meeting like this was years ago when several Troopers had gone missing. Until this day, though, it has remained a cold case and still no answers had been found over the years.

He hoped there would be a different outcome for today's agenda.

Down in the living room, he found Zayn and Liam both dressed and ready. They both looked as exhausted as he felt, and that somehow made him feel better. Benedict was standing by one of the large windows, eyes casted over the green rolling hills which ended at the edges of the woods. In the light of the early sun, Louis could easily see the wrinkles that corrupted his once clear skin, the scars and marks that littered his face that he now wore as a badge. His hair was graying at the roots and his eyes were as dull as his personality. Louis couldn't believe that he dreamed of being just like him when he was younger. He was glad he grew up.

All heads turned when the door swung open quite noisily, and Niall emerged with an arm thrown over Harry's shoulders, trying to navigate through the living area without toppling over the furniture or each other. Harry looked so small and frail beside Niall, yet he looked more determined than ever to finish his task. The three young men immediately went over to help, seeing as Harry might actually faint from exhaustion, and settled Niall down on one of the couches.

"Thanks mates," Niall breathed, carefully lifting his injured foot and resting it on the coffee table.

Niall looked a lot better than yesterday, from his fading scars and wounds to his healthier color, and Louis felt proud that it had been Harry who had achieved this all by himself.

They all decided to sit down as they waited (Louis shoved Zayn out of his spot next to Harry) and they all just sat there, five boys squeezed in a small couch.

"Did you get any sleep?" Louis asked Harry, but as soon as the boy looked up at him with even darker and more prominent eye bags, Louis didn't need a verbal answer.

"Niall snores." Was all he said, and Louis laughed.

"No, seriously Harry. You shouldn't overwork yourself." Louis said.

"I'm not, Lou. Stop worrying." Harry said quietly.

"Our guests have arrived," Benedict announced, and sure enough, several cars drove past the gates and pulled up right in front of their house.

They all stood up and tried their best to straighten their clothes and get rid of as many wrinkles they could in the short amount of time the Commanders and the Troopers took to make their way inside. As much as he hated their squeaky-clean "soldier" uniform, he didn't really have much of a choice but to wear it.

His heart dropped when he realized that Harry wasn't wearing the uniform since he wasn't a Trooper yet. Instead, he was wearing a simple white shirt and a pair of fitting trousers. He hated making Harry feel left out, and if he was brave enough he would dress the same was as Harry just to make him feel that he's not alone or casted out.

Several men in clean-cut official clothes marched into the room. They all shook Benedict's hand and chatted for a bit. Louis noticed more or less ten Alpha Troopers waiting by the other side of the room. He recognized one of them—a McCarter, the one who had apparently been with Niall when the ambush happened. Except, this time, his twin was nowhere to be found.

"Welcome, Commanders and honorable Troopers, these are my sons. They will be joining us for the meeting later." Benedict said, motioning towards them.

The Commanders all gave polite bows and handshakes as a greeting. Soon enough, they were being led towards Benedict's office where the meeting would take place. Louis felt Harry slip from underneath his arms, and when he turned, the boy was already halfway up the stairs.