28

Harry had never been so bored in his life. Walking through the garden with David yapping at his side about who-knows-what was enough to make Harry want to pull his hair out. At first, he'd tried listening, even engaged in the conversation and asked a few questions here and there, but eventually he zoned out and merely pretended to be listening.

Harry wondered how the man's head hadn't exploded just yet considering how awfully big it was. He talked all about his achievements and his glorious quests, about slaying beasts and armies, about receiving so much wealth and power he gained popularity all over the world. If he thought this would somehow make Harry like him in the very least, then he was absolutely mistaken. It only made the boy realize just how self-centered, narcissistic, and just plainly haughty this man was.

"And now, you are to be the most popular Omega in the world." David said, stopping on his tracks and turning to him.

Harry internally grimaced but forced a smile. "Uh, yeah."

David's eyes raked over his features for a moment before sighing and saying, "I'm sorry about yesterday at the creek. We started off on the wrong foot and I never meant to upset you."

"It was…a lot to take in. It's a normal reaction, so." Harry trailed off, not quite sure where he wanted this conversation to go.

"Understandable, of course. But, do tell me, is it really that bad to be paired with me? I mean, most Omegas will be celebrating." David said, simultaneously rubbing his hands up and down Harry's sides.

Harry shivered uncontrollably out of disgust, because only Louis was supposed to touch him like that. "Well, this Omega in particular doesn't want to get paired just yet. My life has barely begun and I'm already being tied down."

Harry couldn't help the hostility that took over his voice. David looked quite disappointed in his answer, but Harry couldn't find it in himself to care.

"Again, most Omegas are soft and timid and simply obedient, but you—you're quite hard-headed and stubborn, do you know that?" David said.

"You're one to talk." Harry muttered, his eyes on the ground.

He gasped when David suddenly grabbed his arm and pulled him forward so that he collided into the man's hard chest. Another hand not so gently grabbed his face and tilted it upwards so that he was looking up at David's dark, blazing eyes.

"Listen closely, pretty little thing. I don't care if you think you're more than an Alpha's property, or if you think your opinion matters the slightest to me. I am to be your mate, so you'll fucking respect me and obey me. I don't like your attitude or your tone and you're lucky I'm not showing you just how much it pisses me off right now. At the end of it all, you're going to come home with me to Dilania, and you'll plaster a smile on that face of yours whether it's real or not." David whispered feverishly, voice husky and cold.

Harry swallowed hard, breath coming out shakily. Instead of showing the fear he felt, he ignored his thumping chest and tore his arm away from the man's grasp, glaring up at him.

"Don't fucking touch me again." Harry seethed.

David chuckled humourlessly. "Fine. Keep your tough act up, you'll only make it harder for yourself."

Harry was trembling, but he kept his hands behind him to hide it. There was something about David that just made him a lot more terrifying than Harry would admit. It was different from Benedict's indifferent, icy cold rage. There was a certain depth to David's words, his dark eyes like pits. Harry was afraid, but that wouldn't stop him from standing up to the man.

When Harry just stood there with glaring eyes, David suddenly smiled, all signs of anger or dominance completely gone like a switch was turned. David took a step forward and leaned in, suddenly pressing his lips roughly against Harry's. The boy's eyes widened at the unexpected kiss, but before he could shove the man off him, David was already taking a step back with a satisfied look on his face.