45

Harry's eyes burned as he watched the mansion burn down and collapse right in front of him—the only place he'd ever known as his home, and somewhere inside Louis and the others were still fighting to get out.

David seemed to have planned everything—as soon as the first explosion went off earlier, he'd thrown Harry over his shoulder and jumped out of an open window in the practice room. Right now they were standing in the gardens by the fountain, close enough to witness the building slowly deteriorating and turning into ashes and rubble, but far enough to be safe from its effects.

Harry fell onto his knees, body racking with sobs as he watched it all fall down and burn—Louis, Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Benedict hadn't come out yet. He could only hope that they found a way out behind or somewhere else, and that they were escaping now.

What used to be the glorious Winter mansion was barely recognizable, dark smoke billowing up and fire licking up into the sky. David's malicious laugh sounded behind him, his dark eyes glinting with amusement and victory.

Harry balled his hands into fists. David yanked him by the hair onto his feet so that he was staring down at him. Harry pressed his mouth in a thin line, flinching away as David wiped the pad of his thumb over his tear-stained cheeks.

"Shh, don't cry. We're leaving now. We're going home." David whispered.

"I'm already home." Harry hissed. "And the only place you're going is hell."

David only smirked and pulled him by the arm, leading him across the lawn and towards a car he could see in the distance. Harry struggled against him, eyes scanning the place for any weapon he could use as his heartbeat picked up.

"Stop trying, Omega. It's over. You're mine and we're going home." David said firmly, irritation evident in his voice.

"You think you've won," Harry bit out, pulling back against his grip to slow down their pace, "but you're wrong. You're wrong because I'm going to kill you, I promise you that."

David didn't even respond, but judging by the smile on his face, it was obvious that he didn't believe Harry. Which Harry could use to his advantage until he finally does slit his throat and watch those dark eyes darken even more while his body stilled for good.

"Get in," David said, shoving him into the passenger's seat.

Harry frantically looked back at the burning mansion, but there was still no sign of them. Tears threatened to fall again, but he held them back, because deep down he knew they were alive.

David started the engine, and then he was driving through the gates. Harry's mind whirred with ideas of escape and panic. David hadn't tied him up, but by the speed David was driving at, jumping out of the car wouldn't be such a great idea.

"Stop thinking, there's no escape." David said airily, his right hand leaving the wheel to touch his thigh. Harry didn't move. "Just imagine the future we'll have back in Dilania. My men will come to serve me again, people will know what it's like to have me as an enemy everytime they look at the rubble that's left of the Winter mansion. Your cure drug will never make it out to the world without you, and more and more people will still require my services to eradicate those filthy beasts they way I see fit. While I'm busy all over the world as a knight, you'll be at home, caring for the children we'll have. A boy, in particular, who will carry my name and continue my legacy. Isn't that the ideal life, Harry?"

Harry merely clenched his jaw and looked out the window, catching swirls of green and brown, the sky darkening overhead. One glance at the side mirror caused him to freeze. He nearly missed it—but there was a car speeding down behind them, a very familiar car with an even more familiar driver.