I Still Love You

As expected, silence surrounded the two ex lovers who's still not used to being in a close proximity again. 

The rain is still pouring hard and Sana's other arm is already soaked in the rain. She's keeping a safe distance between her and Tzuyu and the medium-sized umbrella isn't helping at all. 

“Move closer to me.” Tzuyu suddenly said to the older but she was still looking ahead.

“H-huh?” A flustered Sana asked, not knowing what to do.

“You're left arm is already soaked in the rain. Move closer so that your whole body would be covered by the umbrella.” Tzuyu explained in her monotone, urging the latter to move closer.

“Ahh..” Sana nodded yet didn't move even an inch closer to the younger.

“If you're really into avoiding having contact with me that much then just take the umbrella. I'll be okay.” Tzuyu was about to hand over the umbrella to Sana but the older stopped her. 

“No, stop. You'll get soaked in the rain as well if you do that...” She hesitantly shifted closer to Tzuyu, their arms brushing against each other. 

Tzuyu didn't say anything and just kept her hold on the umbrella. Firmly holding it to prevent them from getting wet. 

“So.. how are you?” Tzuyu asked to initiate a conversation, surprising Sana. Tzuyu's the quiet type plus they're ex girlfriends so it was unexpected having Tzuyu start a conversation with her.

“O-oh I'm fine.. I guess.” Sana replied as she flashed a smile to cover up the uncertainty in her answer.

“Hmm.. That's great.” Tzuyu nodded her head, not knowing what else to say.

“How about you?” she took a glance at Tzuyu before adding, “How's it going with Elkie?” Sana started playing with the hem of her shirt as she asked. 

Tzuyu kept quiet for a couple of minutes, before clearing her throat, “We...” 

Sana looked at her, a bit expectant to what Tzuyu will say. There was still this hope in her that they'll be fine again even though she knows that Elkie would remain unbothered in Tzuyu's heart.

“We're not together anymore.”

Sana blinked her eyes a couple of times with this, she knew that she heard it right but chose to refuse to believe it, “Why? She's on another country? LDR?” she asked, unsure whether she really understood what Tzuyu meant.

“No, we broke up.” Tzuyu bitterly chuckled, head suddenly hanging low.

“What? Why? When?” Sana couldn't help but to ask questions, she desperately needed some answers, this is about Chou Tzuyu after all.

Tzuyu raised her head to look at Sana with her famous expressionless face, making Sana nervous as she doesn't know what goes on in the latter's head.

“S-sorry, I didn't mean to meddle with your love life... I was just curious. I mean you guys seriously looked good together. When I saw you guys before, I could literally see love in the air.” Sana chuckled with bitterness. Tzuyu diverted her attention from Sana and looked straight ahead. 

Sana swear, she saw disappointment on Tzuyu's eyes or maybe it was just one of her imaginations. She seems to be imagining things because Tzuyu is beside her. 

Sana started to panic though, thinking that she had annoyed Tzuyu since the younger had this cold aura in her again so she started to blab “I didn't mean to annoy you with those questions. Sorry if I'm being annoying right now. But you know, it's really unbelievable that you and Elkie had already broken up. It was just like yesterday when I saw you smiling to each other. Who broke up with who? Wait sorry, don't mind that quest—”