★ chapter 6 ★

Jalilah crossed her arms and laid her head down

Jalilah crossed her arms and laid her head down. She close her eyes slowly as she was about to sleep but that is soon to be interrupted when her mother calls her name.

"Jalilah Jesse?"
Her head shot up as she sat up straight in her seat. She tried to keep her eyes open. They were so heavy.

She has been up all night writing and she refused to go to sleep with a lot on her mind. But besides that, she was listening to music and thought about other things.

"Aww, my babygirl is still sleepy? Well that's what you get for staying up late. You know you had school in the morning."
Her mom got on her.

Jalilah was too tired to defend herself. She wished that she didn't have to go to school.

"Can I stay home for one day? I'm so tired I don't know if I am going to be up for all my classes."
She asked, laying her head on her palm as she propped it up on the table.

"Nope, education is important in this family and I don't want no child of mine to be no dummy."
She replied.

Jalilah rolled her eyes and groaned as she took her time getting up from her seat.

Her mother was in the kitchen, cleaning the dishes. She has been up since six and this is what she usually do. After her mom left stardom, she became a stay at home mom.
She didn't even bother looking for a regular job.

Jalilah bend over to pick up her backpack and while she did that, she closed her eyes again then collapsed. This made Jenieve to stop what she was doing and ran to her daughter's aid.

She sighed and struggled to pick her off the floor.
She threw her arm over her shoulder, guiding her to her bedroom. Looks like she is going to have to stay home. She wasn't lying about being tired.

-

The sound of smacking woke her out of her slumber. She furrowed her eyebrows as she shifted, listening carefully. She sat up and notice that it was Deanthony.

He sat at the edge of her bed and was eating barbecue potato chips while looking down at something.

"I got jazz personality, G mentality...that sounds dope."
He mumbled as he nodded his head in approval. Jalilah's eyes ballooned when she realized he was snooping in her journal. She hopped up and snatched it away from him.

"De, why are you reading my stuff?!"
She shouted at him, holding her journal close to her.

Deanthony furrowed his brows and raised his hands up. He didn't mean no harm. He thought she would be cool with it.
"My bad, it wasn't like I have read each page. It was actually opened when I first came in here."
He explained, stuffing more chips in his mouth.