30, Flirty and Dying?

Chapter One

des·per·ate

/ˈdesp(ə)rət/

feeling, showing, or involving a hopeless sense that a situation is so bad as to be impossible to deal with.

Life has a funny way of teaching us

It will create deep sadness so we know how to truly understand happiness.

It will create chaos in our lives so we may appreciate the peaceful times and it will take those we love away from us so that we will truly understand what their presence meant to us.

I felt a sense of hopelessness as I received the heart breaking news about the cns lymphoma, which means my central nervous system have formed a malignant (cancer) cells in my lymph on my spinal cord.

My body trembled, I haven't even lived my life completely and now I'm dying, I have never been in love or even married, why must I die.

"I'm so sorry to be telling this bad news Harper." My physician said, while rubbing my back as I sobbed.

I just can't believe I won't be on this earth no longer, that my expiration date is sooner than later.

I pulled out of the hug, trying to fix myself, but the tears still escaped from my eyes without my permission.

Dr. Stone gave me sad eyes, watching me break down. "We can start on chemo, see if possibly the cancer shrinks and make new cells"she said, with a little hope in her voice.

I shook my head, all of that sounded aggressive. "No, I seen what chemo did to my grandfather and I refuse to live my life like that."I said, dismissing the thought of chemo.

She sighed nodding, "I completely understand your fears on going on chemo, but Harper it could possibly work."She said, trying to make me change my mind.

I'm definitely not Keyshia Cole, and will not be changing my mind.

"Dr. Stone thank you but no thank you, about how much time do you think I have left?"I asked, my eyes started getting watery again.

She gave me a sad smile, "Approximately 3 months Harper."She said, patting my shoulder.

I sucked in a breath, trying not to break down again. 3 months that's such a short amount of time.

I nodded my head stiffly. "Okay thank you."I said getting up from the surgical bed.

She came over hugging me goodbye, like this would be that last time she'll see me. It may be the actual last time..

That was 2 weeks ago when I got the news of me dying. To say it was a feeling of surrealness is an understatement, I felt all types of emotions that day.