Chapter 6:

Song: First Date- Blink 182

song lyric of choice:

Do you like my stupid hair?

Would you guess that I didn't know what to wear?

I'm too scared of what you think

You make me nervous so I really can't eat

Let's go, don't wait, this night's almost over

Honest, let's make this night last forever

Forever and ever, let's make this last forever

When you smile, I melt inside

I'm not worthy for a minute of your time

I really wish it was only me and you

I'm jealous of everybody in the room

Please don't look at me with those eyes

Please don't hint that you're capable of lies

I dread the thought of our very first kiss

A target that i'm probably gonna miss

Let's go,don't wait, this night's almost over

Honest, let's make this night last forever

Forever and ever, let's make this last forever

Tom.

My heat felt like it was going to bounce out of my chest, as in if I were to look down at my chest right this second I would encourage its outrageous beat and would fly onto the bed in front of me. So instead I stare at the outfits laid in front of me, each one relative to the next, a polyester mixed with cotton t-shirt with some charity or organization or slogan plastered over the chest area to be read and most likely misunderstood, all paired with black or variations of dark blue inked jeans.

I draw my arm up to look at the watch on my wrist, it was after six p.m making the growling in my stomach understandable, but I didn't eat anything.

I slip on my white UNICEF shirt, the one worth the organization's name across it in green and blue, I've been told I look good in white, it showed off my form, which made me feel confident. After my shirt I decide against the black jeans I was sure I would go for earlier, now deciding on classically jean coloured skinny jeans.

§θ§

My leg taps impatiently, bouncing against the cushioned ugly red couch, the storm outside blowing heavy sheets onto the screened in deck and pooling up on the dirty white chair and table set that came with the room, though I doubted anyone ever used them, and if they had I doubted they had left without getting some disease including STDs.

The knock rings through out my hotel room and I stand instantaneously before I remember to calm myself. I walk up to the door and hesitate unlocking it and opening it, waiting for a few enlongated moments with my eyes closed, watching the unchanging black colour behind my eyelids before I felt it a normal amount of time to let him in without seeming eager. I draw in my breath and slide my fingers over the cool metal door knob and turn it slowly, opening my eyes to see his smile awaiting me, "Hey." Spencer said pushing the flowers in his hands towards me, I can feel a blush running up my spine and filling my cheeks with a smile, "Oh my God.Thank you, Spencer. That is so sweet of you!" He looked down and shared my blush, a pink glow spreading over his dark skin, "I thought they'd look quite nice, ya know these hotels, we'll be in them for a bit, might as well make them like home." I try not to let my grin grow, fearing I looked too over extatic, but I couldn't help but just smile and nod.