Chapter 4

*Smut in this chapter*

Steve groaned when he opened his eyes, he couldn't fully believe he had finally left Thanos behind, but Steve knew he couldn't escape Thanos for long. Eventually he would return to tell him where the power stone was being kept then the rest of the infinity stones.

"How long have you been gone this time?" the ancient one asked when Steve went down for dinner.

"Two years" Steve answered taking a seat beside her. The ancient one signalled to be left alone and the other masters of the mystic arts took their food and headed back to their rooms.

"Tell me what happened" the ancient one asked.

"I thought you kept an eye on me when I am in the past" Steve retaliated.

"Not always, I have other things to being doing then keeping a constant watch over you" the ancient one answered.

"I meet Thanos became one of his children when I presented the mind stone to him, I proved myself to him, lost my eyes during one of the battles. Was given cybernetic ones in their place. Ensured the battle of New York happened through locating Loki. I was given Thanos' permission to go looking for the other infinity stones. I got out of there as quickly as I could" Steve explained.

"What name did you go by?" The Ancient One asked.

"Normad Barnes" Steve answered as he finished eating.

"What is your plan now?" The Ancient One questioned, Steve internally groaned he hated how she always wanted to know every detail. He understood that she was trying to preserve the timeline but sometimes what she wanted to know seem irrelevant.

"Right now, I'm going to a bar" Steve answered before exiting the room.

Steve couldn't believe what he was doing. He was sat on a bar stool in 1939 at a gay bar. Steve was currently half glamoured his eyes and hair were their normal colours, Steve hadn't found the time or heart to cut his long shoulder-length hair, it was like it was a part of who he was, however, because he was in the past he had glamour what his face looked like. Steve could remember how police would storm the place looking for proof of 'illegal' homosexuality. Steve had always hated how people would try to 'correct' those who were gay because they believed it was an illness, but it wasn't Steve would have had his gayness corrected when he had the serum.

"Hey handsome, can I buy you another drink" a familiar voice said from behind him. Steve's heart lurched as he turned around to face Bucky. Bucky before the war. He was wearing one of his favourite suits which was navy.

"Well I would never refuse a free drink" Steve answered throwing up his best smile.

"What's your name handsome?" Bucky asked as he ordered the drinks.

"Steve" Steve answered before internally punching himself for slipping up.

"Steve huh... my name is James" Bucky introduced himself. Steve knew how much Bucky hated the name James, but he was probably going by it to prevent anyone finding him since Bucky was such an unusual name. Steve and Bucky spoke for around an hour, Bucky's hand was resting on Steve's thigh. The pair were incredibly close that if Steve moved a little to the right he could kiss Bucky.

"How about I take you home and show you a good time?" Bucky suggested. It threw Steve for a second, but this was what he had always wanted.

"I thought you would never ask" Steve answered before he downed the rest of his drink then followed Bucky out the bar. If Steve remembered correctly their old apartment wasn't far away from the gay bar.

*Start of Smut*

Steve and Bucky stripped out of their clothes quickly once they had reached the bedroom. Steve wrapped his arms around Bucky's neck crashing their lips together as they stumbled towards the bed. Steve lay on his back, his legs spread as Bucky slipped a finger inside his hole. Steve moaned into Bucky's mouth as Bucky soon added a second finger then a third.

"James, I need you inside me" Steve begged as Bucky continued to thrust three fingers into his hole.

"You sure" Bucky asked a little worried.

"Positive" Steve answered, Bucky seemed to think for a second before pulling his fingers out of Steve and lined his dick up with Steve's hole. Steve moaned out of pleasure when he felt Bucky push inside stretching him wide whilst Bucky moaned out of Steve tightness. Once Bucky was fully inside of Steve he stopped to allow Steve time to adjust to his size.

"You can move" Steve said not long after. Bucky pressed his lips against Steve's once more before pulling out and thrusting back in. Steve dug his fingers into Bucky's back as he felt his best friend's dick brush against his prostate, with each thrust Bucky, increased with speed whilst Steve unconsciously spread his legs even wider, so Bucky could have more access to his hole.

"Fuck, I'm going to come soon" Steve moaned out when Bucky took Steve's dick in his hand.

"Then come for me Doll" Bucky growled into Steve's ear. Steve came with a cry and he came over Bucky's hand. A few more thrusts Bucky came inside Steve filling his hole up. Bucky carefully pulled out of Steve then collapsed beside him.

*End of Smut*

"I better go before your boyfriend finds us" Steve said climbing out of bed and started getting dressed.

"My boyfriend?" Bucky questioned looking at Steve confused.

"Him" Steve simply answered pointing towards the picture of himself before the serum with Bucky, they were at Coney Island.

"Oh, that's my roommate and best friend Steve Rogers. He's not my boyfriend. He doesn't see me like that. He doesn't even know I like guys. He doesn't know I like him in that way. Steve's straight. If you knew him, you would know that he is straight" Bucky answered. Steve had to keep himself from sighing. Bucky and he had been annoyingly obvious of their feelings for each other back then yet neither of them could work it out how the other truly felt.

"Well so is spaghetti until it is heated up" Steve replied, confusion dawned on Bucky's face one more at the modern reference.

"What?" Bucky said.

"Oh, nothing anyway I better go before he turns up and you accidentally out yourself" Steve said once he had finished dressing. Steve took one last look at Bucky who had started dressing as well, Steve knew this was going to have to be his last encounter with Bucky until he can finally return to his timeline and confess his feelings. Steve left his old apartment and disappeared from the timeline when he saw his younger self start climbing the stairs. When Steve came to in the New York Sanctum he saw the disapproving look from the Ancient One.

"You have to understand, it has been nearly 11 years and I miss him so much. It is like I have lost a limb" Steve said trying to defend himself. The ancient one didn't say anything instead she walked out of his room. Steve sighed before flopping on to his bed.