Chapter 9

Steve waited until everyone was settled to start explaining the story. Bucky hadn't left his side which Steve was grateful about though he was worried that Bucky as well as the rest of his friends would be horrified with what he had to do. The guardians and Nebula were aware of the Normad's reputation whilst Steve was sure that the others had figured out that whatever the Normad was. It wasn't good.

"About 45 years ago for me and around five minutes ago for you, I set out to return the infinity stones to the point in time which they were taken, and I succeeded however, by removing the stones. Time started splintering and the stones were not in the places that they should have been which was making the outcome worse. I had to ensure the stones remained on this timeline by making sure they were in the right places and forms at the right time" Steve stared to explain before he was interrupted by Doctor Strange.

"These time splinters how bad were they?" Strange asked.

"The Emperor Nero got his hand on the tesseract and once he discovered what it was capable of he wanted to use it to expand the Roman Empire by throwing those who were not apart of the roman empire into space. Anyway, because I had to ensure that the stones were following the right timeline I became the cause to most of what happened. For example, Jane discovering the Aether or Thanos getting his hands on the mind stone, the first time around" Steve continued before Nebula interrupted him.

"How are you Normad? He had red hair, but the eyes are the same" Nebula questioned.

"The time stone was the last infinity stone I had to return. I kept it in case I had some issues. The Ancient One was the person who told me about having to protect the timeline, I learnt how to protect myself using the Mystic Arts which allowed me to glamour my appearance whenever I was in the past to prevent people from recognising me in the future. When I was with Thanos I glamoured my hair red and my eyes brown which is why they are brown now. Nebula you remember what happened" Steve explained, a shudder passed down his spine as he remembers how he lost his eyes.

"What happened?" Rhodey asked curiously.

"Like I said I was the cause of everything in our timeline which happened with the infinity stones. I had to make sure Thanos got the stones to wipe out half the universe, so the remaining avengers would bring them back this meant I had to prove to Thanos I was loyal to him. I fought for his cause and gave him the plans for Loki and the collection of the stones later on. During one of the fights about six months into living with Thanos I lost both my eyes" Steve explained.

"How?" Peter Quill asked.

"Are you sure you want to know?" Steve queried.

"You have been through a lot Steve, if you don't want us to know then we will understand" Wanda said to reassure Steve that he wouldn't be forced to explain anything he didn't want to.

"It's not that I don't want to it's more..." Steve started but was interrupted by Nebula.

"Normad Barnes had his eyes ripped out".

"Gruesome" Steve whispered. The room fell silent. Everyone's eyes were filled with horror as they looked at Steve.

"I thought the Normad was born with cybernetic eyes" Quill suddenly said, Steve snapped his head to look at Quill before turning to face Nebula.

"You and Rocket were right. He is an idiot" Steve said. Nebula nodded.

"Normad Barnes was found when he presented Thanos with the Mind Stone. He pled his allegiance and proved his loyalty many times during battle. He became one of the most feared assassins in the galaxy along with my sister. When Normad lost his eyes, he proved that he didn't need eyes to complete his mission he still killed all the enemies which were approaching him. After the battle was complete my father rewards Normad with some cybernetic eyes" Nebula explained.