Chapter 5

Steve wanted to scream and cry. It had been twenty long years and he was still no further forward to returning to his time. To Bucky. It felt every time he took one step forward he would take two steps backwards because of an aberration in the past. Steve had enough of going back to the Roman Era and nearly getting killed in some shape or form because he has been marked as an enemy of the Roman Empire by Emperor Nero.

Steve was in London; the year was 2013. Today Jane Foster was to become the host of the reality stone which would cause the war between Thor and the Dark Elves. Jane was watching as the children showed her and other two the mysterious gravitational changes caused by the approaching convergence. Steve watched from afar as Jane walked away from the group. The equipment in her hand was beeping erratically as she got closer towards the tear between Earth and the hidden pocket dimension. Steve could feel the portal slowly closing but Jane wasn't getting any closer to it. Steve sighed before using his powers to shove the reluctant woman through.

"I'm doing this to save the world" he whispered in an attempt to reassure himself of what he was doing. His mission was far from finished yet. He had to point Peter Quill in the direction of the Power Stone and then return to him. Quill first, Steve decided before vanishing.

"Where the fuck am I going to find a silver orb?" Peter Quill complained once he left The Broker's shop.

"On Morag no less" Steve said causing the half human to jump.

"And you are?" Quill asked.

"No one important, you are on a quest to locate a silver orb. Morag has one containing immense power. Maybe that is the orb which you seek" Steve replied. Quill took a moment to think, the broker hadn't given much information to the location of the orb however, this man could be right. The Broker normally wanted unique objects for his clients.

"Yeah, tha..." Quill said but trailed off. The mysterious man was gone.

Thanos was on the battlefield when he saw his son appear. He had expected Normad Barnes to return soon with the location of the infinity stones. He had been gone for two years since the failed mission to gain the tesseract from Earth.

"Do you bring me good news?" Thanos questioned.

"I have located the power stone it is on a planet called Morag" Steve answered.

"And of the other infinity stones?" Thanos demanded, Normad has left two years ago which must have been enough time to locate more stones then just the power.

"Speculations, I took me longer than I expected to find one infinity stone. They have been hidden well Father. I will return to the search immediately. I will not fail you father" Steve bowed before standing once again.

"You better not. I lost both the space and mind stone after the stunt Loki pulled. Locate the trickster he must be punished for failure" Thanos ordered.

"Yes Father" Steve replied before walking off. He wanted to get as far away from Thanos as quickly as he could. One more mission left until he could return to the New York Sanctum. Steve sat cloaked as Tony analysed the sceptre, the team had recently return from Strucker's HYDRA base with the sceptre in hand. Tony had yet consulted Bruce about Ultron, but Steve knew to ensure that Ultron was created so later on Vision would be born. Steve implanted the idea of using the sceptre to create Ultron. He only left when he saw Tony start working on the idea.

"I'm sorry for what happened to you Tony" Steve whispered before disappearing.

Once Steve returned to his own time again he started making plans on what he wanted to do before he truly returned home. He had to bring his ship with him because after everything he has seen in space why the hell should he be stuck to one world. He could take Bucky out to the stars.

"Steve return to Roman empire immediately Nero has his hands on the Tesseract. You need to transport it to Odin's vault" The Ancient one said as she entered his room. Steve groaned. He really hated Rome.