Chapter 7: Jamal POV

Jamal POV:

OH MY GOD! how could I, in such a bad friend 1) I missed Olivia quince 2) While I'm bathing in money my two best friends are trying to live. But when they live I could help and split the money between us. I sit down right in between Cesar and Monse. They were suspiciously close and cuddly. I honestly thought they were together but then oliva and Cesar happened, but now I'm not sure. But besides that fact, We sit down in silence, and every second is like days to us. Every second we're waiting is a second till maybe their deaths or if they're already dead. Stop thinking like this Jamal, I think to myself. Think happy thoughts like the roller world money or even rainbows and unicorns. I know weird but they're the only things I can think of right now. The doctor passes by to us, "Hello family and friends of Ruby Martinez and Olivia. " he asks. "Yes, what happened are they okay?", Ruby's mom asks in tears. "Well, the good news is that they're both alive and breathing. Ruby was very lucky to live since the bullet almost hit his heart which would have caused major problems. He's having problems breathing but he'll get better just give it a few days with a breathing tube. He will have to do physical therapy every day for a month or two to make sure his body is okay. We put him on pain medication meaning he's passed out but he'll wake up soon. Olivia has more problems and complications since the bullet went right through her chest. She died for a few seconds but we managed to get her back every time. The bullet caused a lot of blood loss and she's in a severe coma. We don't know when she'll wake up. We were lucky that the bullet passed straight through and didn't cause an infection. She will have problems breathing, but otherwise, she's fine. Though it's up to her when she wants to wake up", the doctor replies. We got to Ruby's room and see him all battered and bruised. We all say a little something to him and then go to Olivia's room for a while and say something to her. We all were about to go take turns sitting with Oliva and Ruby, but the nurse kicked us out stating visiting hours are done and only parents can stay. We all sadly walk home. I walk my way home with Monse and Cesar silently. As I lay on my bed at the cold dark night sky I think about my memories of good and bad times with Ruby and Olvia. I pray that night that they both make it.

(Sorry it may take longer for me to post because all my StateWide Testing is starting and is gonna last this whole month + fasting)