eight

listen to the song on the side while reading

Mia's POV

It's been over an hour and nothing. No text, no call.

Did he bail?

No, he said he was on his way.

Did he make a stop? Is he ok?

All these questions roamed my mind as my stomach turned anxiously.

Finally my phone began ringing. But it wasn't harry.

I answered to the unknown number and someone began talking. Anne?

"Mia, something's happened. Something horrible." Her voice sounded frantic and I could tell she was crying.

"Anne, calm down. Now what happened?" I tried to calm her but it wasn't working. She hiccuped a few times and there was a minute of silence before she spoke again.

"Harry was in a car crash,"

Those six words caused me to drop my phone and the screen shattered on the floor. Everything was frozen.

What?

No no no. This is a nightmare. I'm asleep. This can't be real.

But then reality smacked me in the face. And it fuckíng hurt.

It was as if everything happened in slow motion. I grabbed my car keys and ran out my house to my car. I didn't know which hospital he may be in but I took a guess and drove to the closest.

Running up the the front desk, I frantically yelled at the lady.

"Which room is Harry Styles in?" I asked while crying. She observed my state and I saw the sadness in her eyes.

"301," She said while handing me a visitors pass. I ran to the stairs. I don't have time for the elevator right now. It took me a minute to get to the third floor and I ran in the first room. What I saw made me cry harder.

There Harry was. A bandage was wrapped around his forehead, pushing his hair up. He was covered in cuts and bruises and his arm was wrapped in cloth. He was connected to an oxygen tank and something else. Life support.

No. No no no.

I ran into the room and sat gently on the bed next to Harry, my face towering his.

"Please god, no," I prayed and suddenly I regret not going to church more. My tears covered his face and I continued sobbing. I can't lose him. I can't.

My breathing was heavy and I buried my head into his shirt and cried. Suddenly I felt a hand run through my hair.

"I've always loved your hair," His raspy voice spoke slowly. I rose my head from his chest and looked at his face. The green glint in his eyes were dull and lifeless. His breaths came out as heavy heaves. I was about to say something before he spoke up.

"The doctor said I'm going to die,"

That's when I broke down. This is all my fault. He told me he was driving, yet I was still trying to text him. I distracted him. It should have been me.

"It should have been me," I choked out. Despite his fate, he remained calm, which scared me. He brought his hand to my cheek and his thumb grazed it softly.

"I'd gladly die for you, Mia. I love you,"

"Stop talking like that!" I cried out, "You're going to make it. Y-You have to!"

He shook his head slowly. "This is the only thing keeping me alive right now." He gestured to the life support machine. I suddenly despised it. I despised everyone. Everything.

Fućk the doctors for not trying.

Fućk me for texting him.

Fućk life for taking him and not me.

"I was texting while driving." He spoke lowly. His eyes were on his chest.

"I know, babe. It's my fault. It's all my fault. I'm sorry. I'm so fuckíng sorry." I cried. He leaned up and winced. Pulling the oxygen mask from his lips, he leaned into me and connected his lips to mine. I kissed back and a few of my tears fell on his face. He pulled my waist closer, trying to enjoy it as much as he can, before he had to leave. He disconnected his lips from mine and kissed my forehead while stroking my back. "I love you so fućking much, Aramia Liz Green,"

"Don't leave me. Please," I choked. "Please,"

"I love you so much," He repeated. "I want you to have a good life, Aramia. Find a guy who treats you amazingly. Have kids, grow old..."

God, take me instead.

"But I will promise you something Aramia, you will never find someone who loves you more than I do."

Fúcking hell, I hate myself.

But I love him. Oh, I love so much. I will never stop loving him.

"By the way, I was going to take you to the carnival," I giggled through my tears. He remembered. I always talked about wanting to go to a night carnival to see the lights.

"Don't forget about me Aramia," He says once more.

Ten seconds later a doctor comes in.

"It's time Mr. Styles." He spoke sharply, "Ma'am, you have to leave now."

No.

"No." I said sternly. Harry looked at me and his face held sadness.

"Well I will just call security then." He spoke and did exactly that. Less then a minute later, A tall, built man showed up and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't fuckíng touch me," I said through my teeth, "I'm not moving."

He shrugged and grabbed both of my arms, putting them behind my back. He began to slowly pull me out the room and I began screaming.

"NO! LET ME GO!" I cried, struggling in his grip, "HARRY, I LOVE YOU! DON'T LEAVE ME, PLEASE!" He smiled sadly one last time and whispered to me.

"I love you too. Goodbye Mia. Don't forget me." I saw tears run down his face and once I was fully out of his view, the doctor shut the door. Bastards.

The security guard let go of me and I turned to him. "Fúck you!" I choked out and fell to the floor in sobs.

I hate my life.

I hate myself.

I hate myself.

------------------

im so sorry guys frefrervwfqefaddafea there are still 2 chapters left, one of them being the epilogue