nine

• Dedicated to everyone who commented and voted

No ones POV

Mia pulled her brown hair behind her ear as she watched the green eyed boy lying peacefully in the black casket. It's been 1 week since his tragic death and every day she's been crying, or feeling for him in her sleep.

"It's all my fault," She would say in her slumber.

His family grieved as well and it made Mia feel a little better to know she wasn't the only one going through this. At his funeral, many people she has never seen before attended. She wasn't surprised she didn't know most of them, she only interacted with Anne and Gemma out of the whole Styles family.

One boy in particular caught her eye among the strangers, though. Mainly because he was staring straight at her.

After watching them dump soil over Harry's casket, she sat on the bench of the old cemetery. She was numb. Frozen.

This was it, then, she thought.

She sat there for a while, staring at nothing. Then suddenly she feels a tap on her shoulder. She jumps at the sudden touch and turns around to see the same boy who was staring at her earlier. He wore a gray suit and a beanie, since it was cold out. You could see some of his honey brown hair peeking out and his dimples were prominent as he nervously bit his bottom lip.

Harry, was the first person that popped in her mind while staring at the stranger.

"Can I help you?" She asked quietly after a while of silence and staring.

"Oh! Uh, sorry- Can I sit?" He stammered.

A small breath was exhaled from her mouth and she shrugged."I don't care."

He walked around and sat on the right side of her, staring straight ahead as she did. He coughed into his hand before speaking.

"I, uh, heard you were Harry's girlfriend. I'm sorry." He said awkwardly and Mia closed her eyes for a moment. She was tired of people apologizing to her. Saying sorry won't bring him back and it wasn't their fault he died. It was hers.

She opened her eyes and thanked him for the condolences. "How did you know him?" She shifted the conversation from her.

"Friends at Uni,"

"Oh,"

"Yeah. I'm Ashton, by the way. But call me Ash." He said smiling slightly. She turned to look at him and for the first time in a week, she smiled. It wasn't a big smile, more like a sad one. But it was something.

"Aramia, call me Mia." She replied shortly. Ashton smiled. He liked her name. It was unique.

"Alright Mia. I have to go now, but here," He handed her a slip of paper with his number and she put it in her pocket reluctantly.

"Call me if you ever need anything. Or anyone." Then he left.

She stayed in her spot for about thirty minutes more, lost in her thoughts. A translucent boy sits next to her, his white wings extending out his back and arching. He stares at her, admiring her beauty. He wants to kiss her and hug her and tell her everything will be ok, but he can't.

After a while, a tear runs down Mia's cheek. She sniffles as more tears come and the boy looks at her in sadness. He didn't want her sad. He wanted her happy, and not to dwell on him. He moved closer to her and put his broad arms around her torso. He could feel her, but she couldn't feel him.

"I miss you," He says, knowing she can't hear him. "I miss you so much. And I want to see you happy. Go talk to Ashton, I saw you smile and he's a good lad. Besides, I would love to see you smile more despite my death. And I also want you to stop blaming yourself," He listed things off and wished very badly that she could hear him at that point.

"I love you, Harry." Mia spoke as she stood up from the bench and left the cemetary. He stayed in one place and watched as she left.

"I love you more." Harry spoke.

-------

eep.! thats the last chaper! im crying tbh

theres an epilogue after this so yeah.

its currently late and i have school tomorrow so pray for me pls #prayforpenny

and if you are confused by this chap, this is a week later from harrys death and its the day of his funeral. after watching him being buried, mia sits for a while, rethinking her life then a wild ashton appears.

the ashton species are very kind and hot and are nice to mia. once he leaves the spirit harry appears next to mia and hugs her and speaks and stuff but ofc she cant hear bc hes a spirit so yeah.

ty and byee