Error: The Control Unit is blocked

Still quite irritated Dennis sat down next to his parents at the breakfast table. 

„Life is too short to put on a long face, little dude. It's not because of the first day at school after the summer holidays, is it?", his father Johnny asked with a teasing grin as he loaded another huge mountain of meat salad onto his plate.

„It's nice you had to mention it again, Dad, I didn't notice at all", Dennis answered briefly tied and made no effort to make a face. His mother gave him a pitiful look.

Johnny chuckled. „I used to be the same, Mavey. These times will pass."

Mavis nodded absent, then said to Dennis: „Listen, honey, look on the bright side. With Papa Drac in Transylvania it was a really wonderful time, wasn't it? Now you just go back to human school for three months and then you can go on holidays again. Besides, you'll see Mikey and all of your friends again!"

Dennis however didn't listen at all. He reached for his snack to make it disappear in his backpack, but then stopped.

„Mum? If I would be a vampire like you, would I have to...?"

„Yep. In that case you would also have to. You would probably just go to a monster school in Transylvania", his mother said severely, „besides we've had this subject many times before. You better get ready now. Your school bus is coming soon", she added looking at her watch.

Dennis moaned.  None of this made any difference. Either way, he couldn't escape the brain-destroying learning hell.

„Trust me, darling, later, life will be a lot easier with a high school diploma in your pocket. Even if the way there may seem like hell to you", the vampire said, giving her son an encouraging smile.

„Could you stop reading my mind, please?", Dennis growled.

„You know, sometimes you don't even need the powers of a vampire to do it", his mother answered, putting on her broad grin again.

„Whatever", Dennis sighed and made no effort to move.

„Come on. You're late for school", his mother exclaimed urgently, „you can also fantasize in class!"

„Alright", Dennis mumbled, grabbing his backpack. He quickly slipped into his sneakers, said goodbye to his parents and made his way to the bus station.

„I forgot how encouraging the prospect of endless torture is. Worse than to be brought to..."

„Whew!", a surprised female voice said when he accidentally bumped into someone,  causing him to be thrown out of his thoughts again.

„I'm sorry. I didn't want to...", he began and looked up.

No one was there. He looked around, but couldn't find any other person in the immediate vicinity. It was as if the person had dissolved or suddenly become invisible.

„Whatever", Dennis repeated, „ I've already experienced stranger things". 

He picked up his schoolbooks again and speeded off towards the bus station. He arrived just in time, as it turned out. He quickly boarded the bus and fell into a seat, panting.

„Actually, she's right. Eternal moaning won't get me anywhere. Anyway, this one thing won't let me go..."