Papa Drac's Fairytales

One week ago

„Dennis, my little blood orange! Dinner is ready!", his grandmother Martha called from downstairs in the kitchen.

„I'm on my way!", Dennis exclaimed and got up to turn off the TV.

Down the hall, he met his grandpa Dracula, who was about to scare some annoying rats out of his shoe cupboard.

When he realized his efforts won't show any effects, he simply decided to use his hypnosis gaze.

Laughing, Dennis watched the rats leaving the cupboard hand in hand with staring eyes.

Then he started to cogitate again.

„Papa Drac?", Dennis asked meetly.

„What's the matter, my little curly haired friend?", he asked with a smile, ruffling his grandson's hair.

„Is there any way I could turn into a vampire like you?", Dennis asked as inconspicuously as possible.

Dracula sighed and gave his grandson a pitiful look.

„Look, a life as a human being may not be as long as that of a monster, but it also has its golden times. It's not right to want to become someone else"

He turned around and floated silently over the floor towards the door.

Dennis nodded dejected. But then he could hear his grandpa's voice in his head.

„Finding one's true soul mate has always worked great miracles"

With this sentence he remained helpless alone in the hallway. And yet the thought of it made him tremble. Slowly he set himself in motion.

„Papa Drac? What actually happened to your buddies Wayne and Frank and Murray and Griffin you used to tell me about?", Dennis asked counting them on his fingers when he caught up with the vampire again.

„I don't know... I think they have built their own family lives just like me and your mum", Dracula said, scratching his head indecisively, „I haven't seen them in decades"

„And did they all find their true soul mate?"

„Yes, they did. And so will you, Dennisovich", his grandpa answered with a smile before he reached the kitchen.

„What about you and your buddies? Don't you ever use FaceTime?", Dennis asked perplexed.

Dracula gave his grandson a questioning look.

„Nevermind", he mumbled.

„I thought I'd have to start without you two", Martha said chuckling, „there's still time for such conversations later"

Dennis noticed his grandma must have heard everything when he sat down next to her.