Zing-Zing!

Just as Dennis and Mikey were about to spread out on two vacant seats in the second row next to each other, their teacher Mrs. Campbell arrived panting, two minutes late.

She was not alone, though. Dennis could hear her whispering with someone in front of the classroom before finally entering.

„Hey guys, sorry for being late, I had to talk to the principal about some really important  stuff", she apologized, „there's someone else here for you, though. You can come in now!"

About twenty pairs of eyes stared curiously forward to see who was waiting outside.

However, the curious glances quickly turned confused, as no clear shoe steps sounded out of the corridor, but the soft taping of paws.

The whole class drawed breath audibly, as a wolf girl entered the room with hesitant steps and a bowed head. 

She slowly made her way through the area and stopped, her arms behind her back, next to Mrs. Campbell.

The wolf girl was wearing tight form-fitting black sports pants which reached down to her knees and a pink t-shirt with a big black skull on top. Her hair was tied together into an elegant ponytail. The rest of her prominent body was covered with a shiny brown coat.

„Hi", she mumbled shyly, her furry ears drooping.

„Hey", Mrs. Campbell replied chuckling instead of her students, „don't worry, we won't bite you"

„Yeah, if anything, I would be the one", the wolf girl said smiling now.

She barely noticed with her wolf sense of smell there was somebody else who also differed from the natural human.

Curiously, she took a first look towards the students.

At this moment her eyes and Dennis' met for the first time. It didn't last very long but it was still more than enough.

„She looks beautiful", Dennis thought dreamily as he saw her dark blue eyes shimmering in the sunlight.

It felt like their entire environment was suddenly electrified. Almost unnoticeably one of the ceiling lamps flickered briefly. Dennis realized a strange warmth was slowly spreading inside him.

He however managed to blank out the feeling to be able to concentrate on his teacher again who took the floor now.

„How about you start by telling us something about yourself", Mrs. Campbell asked giving the wolf girl a cheering smile.

„... Uh? Me?... er... of course", she stuttered a little disbanded. She closed her eyes for a moment, took a deep breath and straightened herself up before continuing.

„Okay... as you've probably all noticed, I'm a werewolf. I have changed from the monster school to your school to do my A-levels. At my former school you get your graduation as a monster after the 10th grade and then you usually start looking for a job. I have chosen a rather unnatural path to broaden my perspectives. This means I'll be your classmate for the next two years"

She took a short break after noticing all the clueless faces.

„Well, I think I should get to the common stuff now. My name is Winnie, I'm 16 years old and..." She stopped briefly to reconsider, „and I ... er... like to go to the gym?" she added  shrugging her shoulders which had most of the students chuckling.

„Wow, this all sounds very interesting, Winnie", Mrs. Campbell commented, „and how do you feel now?"

„Maybe a little unusual... in front of so many humans at once", Winnie admitted, „but I definitely feel better than before, Mrs. Campbell"

„I understand, but this is quite natural" Mrs. Campbell nodded approvingly, „are you satisfied with your decision to attend our school from now on?"

Winnie's smile slowly turned into a smirk. „I think it was the best decision I have ever made", she answered then, trying to keep her eyes neutral.