Reading

Settled down cozily in Elvis's back garden, the sun rays sink delicately into your warm skin as delicate paper pages flap gently in the small breeze. Leaning against the old oak tree trunk and sitting on a gingham picnic blanket, you felt very content. The book was a good one, it started off difficult but was beginning to get easier as a steady rhythm started.

The smell of lush green grass filled your lungs and in the distance a door opened slowly, capturing your attention. Grateful that your attention was averted from the book,  Elvis was holding his back door open, smiling over in the direction of the beautiful girl reading. His teenage hair was floppy and wild, crystal blue eyes squinting in the direct sunlight. For some unknown reason he looked shocked at the nice weather- although Memphis was scorching hot at all times during these summer months, which made you chuckle lightly.

Beginning to take small strides over to the tree, Elvis noticed your laughter and with a curling lip jokingly called over, "you laughin' at me?" That deep, rich southern accent echoed delightfully in the open air, goosebumps forming up and down yo...

Beginning to take small strides over to the tree, Elvis noticed your laughter and with a curling lip jokingly called over, "you laughin' at me?" That deep, rich southern accent echoed delightfully in the open air, goosebumps forming up and down your arms and heartbeat increasing at his ever nearing presence that always filled the hearts of those who knew him with joy.

Mockingly, with pursed lips and innocent wide eyes you shook your head as if to say 'me?!" Showing those pearly whites, the gorgeous hunk of a man rolled those stunning eyes, finally reaching the picnic blanket and kneeling down next to you. Warmth radiated from his well built body and his manly hand reached over to the book, lifting it higher so he could see the cover. "Pride and prejudice and zombies." Elvis slowly read aloud- making a faint blush of pink scatter across each cheek.

Glancing at you for a moment, he broke into a pure happy expression, one which had his beautiful nose flaring slightly and laughter lines appear. "You keep on surprisin' me baby." His pet name of 'baby' was enough to make any girls heart skip a beat. The wind suddenly blew softly, making a small stand of hair blow across your face annoyingly. Elvis watched on, gulping harshly, for in his mind this was the epitome of a woman, a beautiful one at that. Without thinking, he had already reached out to brush the lock off of your coloured cheek- a pause of need shared between the two lovers.

Coughing to interrupt the silence, Elvis decided to switch places until he was fully lying down. With outstretched legs and arms folded across his chest, he ever so carefully lay his head upon your thighs which were slightly on show due to the pale blue, chiffon summer dress. The contact between man and woman felt delicious, that soft hair of his brushing against the inner skin on your legs drove you crazier then could be imagined.

Noticing he was staring up into your own eyes with his baby blues and blinking long lashes, you began to feel self conscious. "What?" You asked softly, watching the gaze switch from your hair to your pink lips. Continuing to stare whilst he spoke, Elvis replied quietly. "Nothin'. I just wanted you to read to me, that's all." He asked softly, and sounded so vulnerable that you felt sorry for the man.

At the same time you hated reading aloud. He was now pouting a little, thick eyebrows furrowed slightly. "Elvis." You sighed. "I've already started reading and plus I sound stupid when I read." More excuses poured from your open mouth until your lover shushed the words. "I don't mind. I just want my sexy girl to read to me with her soothin' voice that I love. That ain't too much for a man to ask, is it now?" He asked slyly, knowing there was no choice but to read and submit. Taking a deep, shaky breath, you diverted your attention back to the book trying to find the place that was left off. Trying to shake the feeling of Elvis watching intensely from below, you found the place needed.

"An invitation to dinner was soon afterwards dispatched and already had Mrs. Bennet planned the courses that were to do credit to her housekeeping, when an answer arrived which deferred it all." Voice sounding timid and unsure, you coughed and Elvis' arm reached out until his hot hand was gently squeezing your forearm, stroking the pale skin calmly, relaxing you greatly. Elbow now propped upon the picnic blanket, he kept that hand there- like a child's favourite comfort blanket,whilst those captivating eyes closed at the sound of his woman reading.

Heart jumping at the wonderful sight of him being so soothed, you continued. "Mr.Bingley was obliged to be in town the following day,and, consequently,unable to accept the honour of their invitation,etc." A couple of pages later and unsure if Elvis was asleep or not, you continued to read on.

"'Oh! She is the most beautiful creature I ever beheld! But there is one of her sisters sitting down just behind you, who is very pretty, and I dare say very agreeable.'
'Which do you mean?' and turning round he looked for a moment at Elizabeth,till catching her eye, he withdrew his own and coldly said,'she is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me; I am in no humour at present to give consequence to young ladies who are slighted by other men.' As Mr.Darcy walked off, Elizabeth felt her blood turn cold. She had never in her life been so insulted."

Suddenly Elvis, eyes still shut, murmured under his breath to himself, "seems like Mr. Darcy is too far up his own arse to me." Making you chuckle loudly. He opened his blue eyes quickly, laughing his beautiful, boyish laugh along at the same time, grinning all the while.

Gladys Presley watched on from the kitchen window and smiled whilst she washed the dishes. She thought you were the prettiest couple she ever did see.