8. "In a mad world, only the mad are sane."

"In a mad world, only the mad are sane."

☆:*'¨'*:..:*'¨'*:.☆

Numbness held my body captive as I fled, urging my legs to run as fast as they could.

My mind was numb; I lost all feeling, I didn't want to feel at all.

Feeling is for the weak.

Feeling is human.

Too human.

My feet hammered against the floor, thud, thud, thud with each step I took. I pushed myself to the limits of my speed, my muscles locked in place; my heart trembled in fear.

Once the scents of the pack guards filled my nostrils, I finally managed to slow down my pace and forced myself to run at a steady jog. As I passed, the guards all straightened, bowing their heads as a sign of respect.

One scent stood out above all, and as soon as I reached the foyer, her big curly blonde hair was not hard to miss at all.

"Journey!"

"Harper!" Her bubbly voice rang in my ears, oblivious to the dark presence around us.

I scanned the area around us once more, this time much more critically, scouting for any signs of danger. But as I furiously searched every inch of the foyer, I drew a blank.

There was nothing there, nothing to be afraid of.

The place was totally safe and secured.

Which was what put me on edge the most.

"There you are." Journey's big cheesy grin doesn't falter as she made her way towards me with a little bounce in her step."I was just looking for you."

I couldn't find my voice. My mind tumbled and spun , jumbling my thoughts as the fear soon took control.

"What's wrong?"

"Where's my dad?" I asked instead, ignoring the worry the sprouted in her eyes.

"The Alpha's with the Seven, they went to scout the area for land. The Alpha still hasn't agreed to the whole Alcatraz plan but -" Journey froze, making me glance up at her expectantly, but her eyes focused on a shadow moving towards us."

Spinning around, I was met with familiar warm hazel eyes. His eyes brightened as they took us in, and he fastened his pace, almost on the verge of running.

"Ladies." He whistled his cocky smirk on full display. "You two look smokin' hot today."