Impending

You wake up with a hum, eyes easing open to his coat that lay over you and his chest. His chest rose slowly as you watched it for a moment. Your eyes trail up to his face finding him asleep.

        ‘He looks so alive right now…’ You think to yourself, carefully reaching your hand up to cup his cheek. He hums softly, brows twitching briefly but he doesn't seem to wake. You swallow, fingers tracing his face softly. Your fingertips near his lips and he hums again, eyes easing open and peering at you.

           “... Morning Sabo.” You greet with a soft smile. He meets your gaze and smiles softly in response for a moment before he mouths a good morning greeting to you. “I wish I could take you with me…” You breathe thoughtfully, caressing his cheek with your thumb softly. His smile falls the slightest, tilting his head against your hand. “You're so cute…”

            ‘No.’ He mouths with a smile trying to hide his face. You smile more and hug him tightly, nuzzling his shoulder. He pauses, slowly hugging you back. He rubs your back softly.

            ‘This sucks…’ You think before pulling away and sitting up. “I should head back now.” You murmur feeling his coat briefly before giving it back to him as he sits up. He looks at the coat for a moment before taking his wallet from the pocket before offering the coat to you again. “Hm? You want me to keep it?” You ask tilting your head. He gives a small nod and smile.  “Thanks… I'll take care of it.” You murmur, pulling it on and smiling to yourself. You meet his gaze as he smiles more at sight of you.

         “Does it suit me?” You ask, getting out of bed and turning about for him. He nods slightly, getting out of bed as well. You smile at eachother for a few moments before you step forward and kiss his chin, making him straighten in shock, eyes widening at you. “See you later.” You breathe before heading out of your room, collecting your hook swords before starting out.

           Outside Luffy and Ace were dunking their old clothes in water and hanging them up on a makeshift drying rack. You stop briefly,  going over to Ace’s side, making them pause and look up at you. “Do you guys want me to give you some soap to do that with?” You ask lightly. They blink and share a look before offering small smiles. “Okay. I'll give you a bottle when you come to eat later.” You pat Ace’s back before heading to work.

        “Dont tell me you slept there.” Law frowns heavily when you enter the kitchen from the undead entrance.

         “... I lost track of time.” You murmur rubbing your neck.

          “... You slept over at a zombie’s house...” Kid huffs raising his eyebrows. “I cant even begin to tell you all the reasons thats a bad idea.” That coming from Eustass Kid really made you stop in thought.

           “You're right… I shouldn't let my guard down around them… But I can't help it. I don't think about it when I'm with them…” You admit rubbing your cheek. Kid sighs scratching the back of his head.

           “You really think they're different huh?”

           “Yeah… I mean, they were trying to wash their clothes when I left.” You point out.

            “Weird, that's weird.” Kid straightens.

            “That's… Functional…” Law mutters putting a knuckle to his chin.

            “See?” You press.

            “Even so, they still have the hunger ___. And you're still human.” Law says pointedly.