🍰002

2

......

I, Leticia Harthrose, have a huge dilemma.

It began the day I was allowed to leave my bed, deemed fully recovered. In my previous life, I had loved sweets very much, and would eat them on a regular basis. So naturally when I left my room, I was in a dire need of sugar to replenish my system.

I had asked the nearest maid if she could find me some dessert.

"Dehzert?" The maid scratched her head.

"Yes," I answered. "Preferably something warm. With fruit."

The maid stared at me awkwardly. "This...er, Lady, would you like some apples?"

I clasped my hands together. "Oh! I actually would like something with apples! Do you know if anyone could bake that for me?"

"B-bake? Apples?"

"Yes?"

The maid just stood there helplessly, her mouth opening and closing but not a single sound coming out. I began to feel bad for her.

"You know what, it's alright. I'll look for some myself."

I had thought it was really weird that the maid had acted like she didn't know what I was talking about. But maybe it was just because I was nobility and had used to be a pretentious brat who treated everyone badly.

I made my way towards the kitchen in order to satisfy my cravings. While I walked, I came to the realization that I'd need some insurance. And no, not insurance from sketchy insurance companies, insurance as in a plan B in case something goes wrong in my original plan. If my family goes into ruin and we lose all our assets, it would be really horrible. I should find a way to secure some money and be able to afford a comfortable, simple life in the country.

Hmm, in other isekai mangas, what do they do?

I do recall some of them using flowers and grass and whatnot to make soaps and nice smelling bath products to sell. Those did make lots of profit. There was also a manga where a girl attempted to make paper. Uh, but, how exactly do they remember how to make these things?!

I mean, I have tried my hand at making paper and soap before in camps, but to tell you the truth, I remember close to nothing about how to make them from scratch. Really, do these people have photographic memory or what?

I could always live as a nun. There were some protagonists who did that too. But I'd surely get bored of such a life.

A lot of them were previously surgeons or doctors in their past lives. Now that I think about it, that was certainly the most popular trope from what I read. Kamisama, why wasn't I a surgeon in my past life? Why was I a useless office worker?

While I was lamenting about my uselessness, I realized I had mindlessly walked into the kitchen. I suppose I'm really a pig after all.

"Good morning!"

Everyone stopped working to look at me.

"L-lady Leticia!"

"Would you care for some bread?"

"I just made your favorite spinach dish!"

I smiled brightly. Strangely, I remembered that I used to despise spinach in my past life. "Thank you everyone! But right now, I'm just looking for some sweets."

The chefs looked at each other. "Sweet? Do you want fruit?"

"...No, I'm looking for something like dessert, or pastries."

"What's that?"

I looked at them helplessly. "What do you mean? Dessert is what you eat at the end of each meal. Sweets you can have as a midday snack."

"We usually eat celery or carrots for snack, and fruit after each meal? I don't know any 'dehsert'?"

"Huh?"

Wait a minute. Leticia, think back to your childhood.

Surely you've eaten dessert before? Or at least candy?

I rifled through each and every memory.

Nothing.

There was nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

ZERO.

I have never ate anything sweet other than fruit in all of my childhood in this world.

I collapsed onto the ground in despair. What does this mean?

"Lady! Oh no, it's happening again!"

I buried my face in my hands. "Someone, please..." I sobbed. "Get me some dessert!"

After that, I woke up in my bed again. It seems that I had fainted again, although not of a fever, but emotional trauma. Now, I was sitting at the dining table with my parents. I had to discuss this issue with them.

"Mother. Father."

The two of them sat attentively.

"Is there...really nothing like dessert that you know of?"

"We've never heard of anything like it," my mother confessed.

"But, why? Surely someone should've invented it. There are so many ingredients out there!"

My parents also did not know why.

No, wait a minute. Let me think back to the game. There must have been some sort of sweet in the game world right?

.....

There wasn't?!

Everyone was so focused on the romance they completely forgot about common necessities in life. The game is called "My Sweet Secret" for gods' sake! Sweet! This is a huge plot hole! No wonder I hated this game!

"I suppose no one's ever thought of making something like that. We mostly focus on developing our medicine and military," my dad explained.

Yet you have all this great cuisine everyday. The only thing you lack are desserts.

No wait, I got it. I must have pissed off a god in my previous life. This is my punishment.

Ah, I really want to cry.

A/N

Well oops I'm stupid and forgot I wrote the second chapter a long time ago but never posted it, so I accidentally wrote a new version here. Now I basically merged the two together. Long sigh.