🍰005

5

It has been quite eventful in the Harthrose household. With the coming of a new brother, prospects of marriage, and an ever impending doom of death, how could I possibly get bored?

I laughed sarcastically in my head as I sipped lightly on my tea.

"You're making an awful face," Lutz informed me. I immediately tried to fix my expression, checking myself in the glass window.

"Lutz~" I whined. "You shouldn't say things like that to a girl."

My brother looked up from his book, proceeded to scan the room, before asking, "Where's the girl?"

I smacked him with my handkerchief. "Don't you dare go down that route, after all I've done for your future."

"What route?"

"Nothing!"

Much progress has been made during these three months. Under my careful guidance, Lutz has grown out of his shell and transformed from a meek, frightened child to a charming, outgoing boy. He's become so comfortable here that he even has the audacity to deliver insults under the guise of a sweet smile. Really, aren't you getting a little too comfortable?

But of course, as an older sister, I can't help but feel proud of how much he's grown. Ah, the fruit of my work. I feel like a farmer collecting bountiful crops after a summer of sweat and muscle cramps. I'm so proud of my child. Is this how it feels like to be a mother?

"You're making a strange face again."

"You're imagining it."

The door opened and Maria entered, carrying a basket on her hip. "How's the shop?"

"Oh, you're finally here!" I got up from my seat. "The shop is doing great. We were taking a rest. Maria is overseeing things with the new recruits."

Yes, my very own patisserie was opened a month ago! It was a bit of a slow start at first, since people are always wary of new things. But gradually, we even gained some regulars! This hellhole of a world is beginning to look a bit brighter.

Maria and Josephine were more than happy to assist in the patisserie. Lutz also spent a lot of time here. I do worry for his health, as a young, growing boy like him should be playing outside. But I can't get mad at him at all! Even though I know I should scold him, he's just too cute. It's bad for my heart, really.

Since I'm at such a young age, I am unable to legally own this bakery. It would also be quite dangerous, as people would try to take advantage of me. That's why my parents put the bakery under their name for now. Ah, I can't wait until I get older. Being a twenty-five year old in a seven year old body really is a horrible thing. I can't accomplish anything with these tiny hands of mine.

Oh, what's the name of my bakery, you ask? (You didn't, but I'll tell you anyways.) Of course, it's...

My Sweet Secret!

Well, to be exact, it's Mon Doux Secret. French always makes things sound fancier, don't you agree? Plus, I still haven't forgiven the original game title for being so misleading. It should really learn a thing or two from my patisserie. If you name something after sweets, you should obviously offer sweets. Common sense. I really can't understand them.

Hmm, but it seems like I'm forgetting something important.

I frowned, tapping a finger to my chin. I had been so busy with trying out new recipes for the shop and observing Lutz lately.

Let's see, the only things I should be worrying about now are Lutz and my financial state for the future. The dangerous events only begin when I'm around fifteen years old, the same time Maia starts school in the academy. So I should be good for now, right?

But I still can't help but feel as though I forgot something...

Somewhere farther away, a beautiful young boy with crisp blonde hair and smoldering green eyes sat next to a half opened window, his cheek resting on his hands. Another boy, slightly taller with a certain sense of elegance about him, stood beside him.

"Say, Lance, how about we go visit this fiancee of mine?"