°• T W O •°

•••

The next couple of hours passed without much interaction between Lucy and Vera. Both had busied themselves in work, Lucy serving the tables while Vera helping out in the kitchen. It was around noon when something eventful finally happened.

"Hey Lucy?" Mari called, walking out of the kitchen. "Could you do me a huge favour and maybe make a quick trip to the market? I really need these." She finished, pulling out a piece of paper from her apron pockets.

"Uhh..right now? But.." she trailed off, looking around the busy café. "Wouldn't it cause-"

"Oh don't you worry about that!" she smiled. "Erica and Merida can take care of that for a while. I'll ask Vera to help out if needed. You just focus on that!" she finished off a bit too enthusiastically.

"O..kay?" Lucy replied, a bit suspicious over her over enthusiasm. However, she brushed it off, taking the paper and money from her and getting ready to go out.

She removed her apron and secured the fleuve d'etoile and keys on her waist, debating internally whether to carry extra money or not. Finally deciding to do so, she walked out of the shop, heading towards the market on the outskirts of town.

For some reason, Mari never liked shopping in town. She always said something along the lines of less choices and limited products and what not, but Lucy always suspected that it was her excitement to be amongst so many people and be at such an eventful place that got her to do that. After all, who wouldn't trade a trip to an eventful market full of wizards and non wizards for some lousy, old one in town?

Well, Lucy would.

However, for now, she had no say in that. If she even did shop in town, Mari would just make her go again. So, sighing in annoyance, the blonde wizard made her way to the bustling trade fair market between the two towns of Roosevelt and Harrington.

Harrington was a bustling town with wizard folk and non alike, whereas Roosevelt was more like a rest place for passerbys. It was peaceful and quiet, maybe because barely any wizards resided there and there was not one magic guild.

Lucy liked it that way.

She felt the reassuring presence of her keys against her hip, putting her guard up. The trade market was a place where there was a rush of wizards and non alike, so it was an extremely likely place for brawls and petty crimes. And usually this tends to pull even spectators in.

The various shopkeepers called out to her, trying to attract her with their one of a kind goods. However, she just kept her head straight, and headed for the items listed, not really bothering to involve herself with the shopkeepers.

However, as tough as she might act, she was still a girl after all.

She was looking for a light lacrima, when something caught her eye. It was a magic shop, and a big one that is. It was a flame maker, which immediately reminded her of the one she saw with him in Edolas.

She almost reached out for it, when she came back to her senses.

'He's gone. Nobody is coming back.'

"That thing is great for emergency fire creation and such. Very helpful in household as well as fire magic." the old man said, observing her.

"O-oh.."

"But if you're looking in for household use, I would recommend a lacrima in place of that. And if its for a wizard, well, it's kind of outdated now.."