°• E I G H T E E N •°

•••
Present

Another train passed by, the speed making her blonde hair flutter against the wind. However, Lucy seemed not bothered by it, instead continuing on to stare straight ahead, a faraway look in her usual sparkly chocolate brown eyes.

Her suitcase was just by her side, rattling a little but it all turned back to normal just as soon as it began. The train passed her, the chattering of the crowd filling the silence left behind.

'Ugh my head!' Lucy groaned, burying her face in her hands.

What was all this? What was she even doing?

Was this even right?

Why was she even here?

She wasn't meant to be here.

She was meant to be home.

But what even was home?

So all this was right, right?

She didn't know anything about a 'home'. She didn't have one.

So why, sitting here, in the dead of the night, was she doubting her decision?

Why?.

She smiled against her hands, a bitter, hateful smile.

Oh who was she kidding?

Of course it wasn't right.

She was nothing but a coward.

That's what she's always been.

And that's what she'll always be.

A coward.

Another train approached, but unlike the one before, it started to slow down near the station. However, before it could completely come to a halt, people had already began gathering close to it, eager to get on board.

With one last sigh, Lucy heaved herself up, grabbing her bag.

She wouldn't doubt her decision anymore.

Because her mind was made up.

"I guess this is it. Another goodbye."

She would run away.

Again.

•°•

"And that's that." Lucy smiled, staring lovingly at the pink mark on her right hand. "A bright light and before I even knew it, it was all over. Everything."

She let out a small laugh, holding her right hand close to her heart, a content smile on her face.

"So." she said, turning to her side. "Now that you know everything, what's the verdict?.."

"..Do you hate me too?"

Vera's teary, bright blue eyes stared right back at Lucy's sparkly chocolate ones and a choked sob escaped her.

"W-Why?" she croaked, burying her face in her hands. "Why-How can I ever hate you? How can anyone?"

"You can't?" Lucy seemed genuinely surprised. "I wonder...then why do I hate myself so much?"