°• T W E N T Y - F I V E •°

•••

Eternal stillness. That's what it felt like. It was like the world had come to a halt, nothing daring to interrupt the moment.

She wished something did.

The longer it stayed like that, the more torturous her thoughts became. For, reality had started to sink in.

What was she thinking? What had she done? Not care? Tired? What was wrong with her?! She knew very well that memories wiped by the magic spell could hurt-

"Natsu!"

A weak gasp escaped her, and she, almost instinctively, jolted her head up.

She wished she never did.

He still held her wrist, but his face. Oh god his face.

The eyes that looked at her with a twinkle, full of love and adoration, now stared at her right hand with complete and utter betrayal.

Almost immediately, she looked back down, barely able to hold back another sob.

Everything was over. All her struggles, her running, her hiding, it had all been for naught.  She had hurt-

Her rampant thoughts abruptly came to an end, her mind completely blanking out. This couldn't be real, could it?

'Splat!'

A huge drop of water splat on the rough dungeon floor, before seeping through. But it didn't just stop there. Out came a second one, and then a third, and another after another.

Those were tears.

Natsu's hand gently moved up her wrist, gingerly interlacing his fingers with hers. "I found you." He brought her hand close to his heart, before kissing it gently, still crying. "I can't believe I found you."

"I-"

Her words died down when she finally looked at him. He cradled her hand like a child, repeating 'I found you' over and over.

And then, suddenly, without any notice, he pulled her into a hug, burying his teary face on her shoulders.

"Na-Natsu!"

He was shaking. She gently hugged him back, which made him flinch for a moment, before he tightened his grip around her.

'I found you.'

He had always been so big and muscular, but right now, he felt so small in her arms. So fragile.

"I found you."

"You found me." Lucy replied, tears streaming down her face. "You found me Natsu."

"Luce.."

•••

Okay so, hiiii. It's me. Long time no see. Anywayyyyyyyy i have more or less forgotten how to write?? 😭or how to continue this story in general. The ending just exists in my mind, and frankly I'm too exhausted most of the time to even get on with my usual stuff than to actually sit down and write lmao.

I started this book in like 12th grade, I'm basically gonna graduate college this year 💀bruh omfg. Anyway, I figured, I'll lyk the ending to this story that exists in my head. I used to be a writer, but now I'm an artist for a hobby. Maybe I'll get back to writing one day, but idk if it'll ever be fairy tail related, because frankly, I've just lost touch with it. This was an aamzingggg show to be a part of, but i think I've moved on, much like miraculous :) I'll post the ending in a short summary in the next chapter. I was holding out on doing that by gaslighting myself into thinking I'll write it properly💀but fml lmao. Anyway I don't really wanna get into the life stuff cuz it's sidhidjdodnd.

Anyway, this story was v close to me, and I still have notes of all my other grand ideas lmao (smh smh)so maybe one day I'll come back and edit this and write an actual chapter, but for now, to all my lost readers, I just wanna give you an ending :)
Thank you for staying till here <3

Ps: that art is quite old lmao I don't even remember drawing it.