Part 3

Once the door was unlocked, I pushed it open and cautiously sauntered in.

The room was small and it was dark as night.

I hit my hand repeatedly against the wall until I hit the light switch and turned it on. Through squinted eyes I could see that there was stuff everywhere, If I wasn't contracted to complete this job I would have definitely come to watch the musical. The sets looked really nice

It was very easy to locate the Guillotine as it was the tallest thing in the room and then it was placed on top of a very large brown platform.

The stairs attached to the platform creaked as I tip-toed up them and walked around the circumference of the guillotine.

It was huge and kind of intimidating. I could imagine the French Revolution when real people were killed by this large contraption.

Now all I had to do was locate the metal safety piece and replace it with a plastic piece. I reached my hand into the bottom of the body mechanism and feel around until I feel something cold and hard like metal.

I slipped my hand under it and pulled it up and through the small hand hole. I eyed it for a moment.

It's a wonder that such a small piece has a big role to play. I threw the safety piece into the trash near the door and replaced it with a plastic tupperware piece that I had found in the corner of the guillotine basket.

It was there just like boss said.

I was making my way back to the Scene Shop Door when I heard the whistling for the second time tonight.

It was louder and closer than last time. I knew that the janitors never cleaned the scene shop due to the expensive equipment in here so I was okay to stay right where I was. Just to be safe, I turned the lights off and crouched behind the guillotine platform.

It wasn't there more than a few seconds before I heard the door slam open with a bang.

" Evan Bissette! I know you're in here! " a voice mocked, repeatedly.

If that wasn't creepy enough, I couldn't tell where the voice was coming from.

" Evan Bissette! I know you're in here! "

It was like the voice was all around me at once.

During the talking the whistling was still happening. Then suddenly the voice and the whistle stopped. And slience weighed heavily in the room.

Then one more time, the loudest of all. I heard the scream.

" Evan Bissett! I know what you did! "

I didn't answer. Tears spring from my eyes and i wiped them away silently with my jacket sleeve.

I stayed as still as possible. Scared was an understatement.

I was terrified.

I knew that I would be found if I stayed here so I did the only thing I knew how to.

I ran.