Chapter 08 | The lock code

Recap ~
Revenge

"For Revenge Mr.Shivaay Singh Oberoi." Anika said smirking at him while he was startled by her statement. She pushed him away saying, "The revenge that should have been taken long ago. Anyway it's never too late."

"Ms.Mehra" Shivaay called out to her in his cold rude voice to continue further when she stopped him,"It's Anika Mr.Shivaay. I have been known by the name Anika, not Miss.Mehra." she gritted her teeth.

"Okay then. It's better you call me sir Ms.Anika. And about the revenge, you cannot do anything. I'm Shivaay Singh Oberoi!" he smirked at her this time.
"Let's see!" saying she flicked her hair in his style and left.

"Dadi-ji, when is the wedding to be held?!" Anika asked and Dadi replied, "Dear we just have one month exactly. June 9th is the date!"
"No problem Dadi. Everything will go fine!" Anika assured her.

It was evening by then when Anika was busy talking to Dadi about the guest list they had to call for the wedding and Shivaay just then came back from office. Something was going on his mind when Sid interrupted him.
"Hey Shiv what's up!?" He asked casually but this definitely led Shivaay to a flashback.

*****

"Anika that's not fair!" Shivaay complained like a kid while Anika laughed at him.
"Everything is fair in..." She stopped herself hesitating to continue.
"If you call me billu one more time, then I will for do something for sure!" He warned her when she raised her eyebrows asking him what he would do. He immediately started tickling her that she couldn't stop her laugh.

"Shiv...Shiv... stop it!" She exclaimed when he stopped the instant he heard her.
"Anu call me like that again!" He said drowning in her hazel brown eyes.
"Billu?!" She asked acting innocently when he pouted in dismay.
"Shiv..." She called out to him wrapping her hands around his neck while he tightened his grip by her waist.

*****

"Yaar Shiv..." Sid was to continue when Shivaay growled at him, "Sid don't you dare call me like that ever again!"
"But that's your name man!" Sid exclaimed in disbelief but Shivaay already left from there in anger. There was Anika standing behind a pillar smirking at the incident. She just got a message then,"Plan worked?!" when she replied back a yes with a winking smiley emoji (😉).

"You just left me alone that day and didn't even turn back once! What mistake did I do that you gave me such a punishment! Five years I suffered. Now it's time for you to know how much I suffered all these years. Get ready for the torture Mr.Shivaay Singh Oberoi!" She thought to herself when she was disturbed by a tap on her shoulder.

She turned to see who was behind her and unexpectedly, it was her boss staring at her.
"What are you doing here?!" He asked her in his serious tone when she replied sarcastically, "Playing!"
"Fhat the wuck! Behave Ms.Anika, you are talking to your boss!" He snapped at her rudely when she acted, "Sorry sorry sir! I was just trying to-to..."

"To what?!" He asked her impatiently and she continued, "to remind my ex-boyfriend about our beautiful moments! And you know what sir, I was successful in it too

"To what?!" He asked her impatiently and she continued, "to remind my ex-boyfriend about our beautiful moments! And you know what sir, I was successful in it too." she completed with a wink at the end and left a surprising Shivaay all over again.

It was already late that night and Anika was to leave the Oberoi mansion but she didn't know the lock code to open the entrance door. She didn't want to disturb Dadi late that night. She checked for staff out there but found none, she tried calling Sid but he didn't pick his call unfortunately.

"Yaar Sid! Why don't you pick up the call" She thought to herself. Having no other choice, she went in search of him. She did enter a room but soon realised whose room it was. Of course she knew his taste, likes and dislikes to understand it was his room.

"It's his room! I should leave from here at any cost." She muttered under her breath and was about to leave from there when she heard,"What have you come here for?!"
"I just came to meet Sid!" She said trying to remain confident while he felt irritated.
"You better maintain a professional relationship with my family. He's anyway not here and won't come any time soon." he told coldly.

"Sir I always maintain professional relationships in my career but actually Sid is my ex-boyfriend's brother. So..." She was still to continue when he stopped her, "Don't you talk about your ex-boyfriend to me. I have no interest in listening to your nonsense! Just leave!"

"Okay sir." she turned back to leave secretly smiling but realized she had to get the code from him.
"I need to know the lock code to leave from here, sir." she spoke once again.
"172..." He was about to say further when he stopped himself surprising her. He walked towards the entrance while she trotted behind him, he entered a code and the door opened instantly.
"Thanks." she muttered and left from there still wondering about the code he was about to tell but stopped himself.

"Was it the same code?! 1727? But why would he keep that when he doesn't even consider me his..." She thought while Shivaay wondered, "Why do I use this code for everything! I don't consider my relationship with her anymore, then why am I remembering her words, her..."

_______________________________________

Precap ~
Indeed a surprise

What code is it?! How is it related to both of them?! You will get to know in the next chapter. Who messaged Anika? Did you think about it!? 😉