Chapter 55 | Danger & Mood swings

Recap ~
Dreambells.

Everyone in the Oberoi mansion ran to the doctor as they heard her serious tone. She opened and closed her mouth a few times before Shivaay could grow impatient.

"Is our Anu safe doctor?!" Anand asked tensed about his daughter while they heard back, "She is fine now."
That night everyone realized the importance of the word 'Fine' and how happy it felt to hear it at the moment. Each one in the family asked followup questions to the doctor, simultaneously and without a second gap that made her go crazy. Indeed this was all family's concern for their wonderful daughter, wife, friend and daughter-in-law.

"I will speak up once you all stop." The doctor announced to finally cherish pin drop silence in the hall. Waiting for the doctor to talk, Shivaay was ready to smash Daksh all over again, of course he was very much upset with whatever happened.

"It is very common to faint in this situation." The doctor started and the boys didn't understand a single word the doctor told. Dadi and Tia broke into smiles understanding what she meant.
"What is the situation!?" Shivaay almost hollered giving a mini heart attack to everyone in the house.
"Pregnancy." The doctor told with a smile understanding Shivaay's concern for his wife but the next minute, someone else fainted and that was none other than Shivaay himself.

"Wait what?" Shivaay woke up sitting next to Anika who was still unconscious. The Oberoi family and Anika's father were already in celebrations, least bothered about Shivaay even fainting. They were talking amongst themselves when Shivaay asked the doctor who was treating him.

"Then why did Anika turn pale? She fainted because she was pregnant?..." Shivaay asked a couple of more 'Why' questions, innocently and the doctor chuckled before continuing, "Looks like Anika has overly stressed herself for some reason. It is normal to faint due to weakness, and turn pale during pregnancy."

The doctor left not before congratulating the family and Anika gained her conscious nearly after an hour. No one really noticed Daksh escaping from there during the happy moments, while Tia bid a bye promising to visit the next day.

"Anika are you fine?" Shivaay asked caressing her hairs softly and she blinked a couple of times before responding "Feeling weak but yeah I just slept right. What is the big deal in it?"
"You think you just slept?" Shivaay asked narrowing down his eyes sharply at her.
"I dozed off to sleep holding your arms. That's all I remember!" She said trying to sit up straight when he helped her to lean against the soft foam pillow.

"You gave me multiple heart attacks in a span of two hours." He frowned making her frown as well.
"You actually fainted but to help you understand in your language, you slept like lady khumbkaran without even budging a bit for two whole hours!" He finished making Anika angry, "Shivaay, you are such an annoying person."
"And you are such a careless girl." He told and she hit him playfully on his arms.

"They are going to be parents soon and they are still fighting like kids. We only have to handle them!" Sid told smiling widely and Anika was indeed filled with mixed emotions hearing him. She instantly hugged Shivaay who was next to her and he pleasantly embraced her in his arms. There was silence filled between them, yet their hearts cherished the moment in joy and happiness. Of course it was a beautiful moment for the couple to become parents.

The next morning as Anika was reading the magazine in which she was featured, she called out to her husband noticing a picture.
"Did Daksh attend the company launch?" Anika asked, stress lines clearly visible on her forehead while Shivaay replied warily not missing to notice her expressions "You are getting worried for no reason. That picture is not even clear in the background and you think that is Daksh!?"

"Well my eye sight is not as bad as yours. I can identify people!" She told annoyed and Shivaay chuckled remembering his online reading about pregnancy and mood swings.
"What are you laughing at?" She asked placing her hands on his hips and he fell silent seeing her dangerous facial expressions.
"Laughing at me right?" She asked tears brimming her eyes and he was astonished. Did he even say something? Earlier she was tensed, then she was annoyed, and now she was crying? Of course, mood swings are difficult to handle.

Embracing her in his arms, he said "Tears don't suit your face, Mrs."
"Tell me why were you laughing then?" She pouted as she wiped off the lone tear that escaped her eyes.
"To be honest, because of your mood swings." He said not knowing how she would react but to his surprise, she laughed it off.
"Well, get used to it Mr." She said and he asked, "Only for nine months right?"
"I can't guarantee." She said, a mischievous smile playing on her lips and he smiled kissing her forehead.

"Why did you come here Daksh?" They heard chorused voices from the hall making Anika feel uncomfortable. Shivaay did tell her about Daksh sending her the messages few days back but he realised it was affecting her a lot during her pregnancy.
"Get out." They heard another shrill and this time Anika decided to face Daksh and end his chapter in her life.

_______________________________________

How did you all like the chapter? Cheers to the few who guessed about Anika's pregnancy. 🙌😊