Chapter 3 - Nothing can kill a Dixon, but a Dixon

"K - Kara?" Daryl said in his low voice.

"I'm here, brother"

He quickly dropped his squirrels, turned to face me and inspected my face before wrapping his arms around me.

"I thought you was dead" He whispered.

"Nothing can kill a Dixon, but a Dixon" I said back.

He released his grip from me and stood back.

"Have ya seen...him, since you was ya own?" He asked, and I knew he was referring to, our father.

"No, I haven't, I hope he's dead. But he is a Dixon too, so only a Dixon could kill him."

He rubbed his head, "We need to go get Merle" He said.

I nodded and went to grab my bow.

"We're coming too" Rick and Glenn told us.

"Really Rick? Your gonna risk members of the group for an asshole like Merle Dixon?" Shane said.

"You wanna rephrase that?" I spat.

"No, that's what I meant" Shane said, glaring at me.

"It's their brother Shane, I cuffed him, I'll get him out of it, Glenn knows where he's going, he needs to come with us"

Shane sighed "I'm gonna be honest with you here, Merle Dixon is a worthless piece of shit, I've confiscated drugs from him more times than I can remember before the world went to shit, he's not worth it, he's a burden"

I lunged out to Shane and pushed him back against the car, "You watch what you say about my damn brother! Now come on lets go! We need to find him!" I shouted before getting into the van. Soon enough Glenn got into the drivers seat and Rick in the passengers, T-Dog ended up joining us, so Daryl, him and I sat in the back.

When we eventually got to the building the walkers seemed to have cleared, hopefully they weren't heading for our camp after the car alarm.

"MERLE! MERLE WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!" Daryl and I shouted in unison, running up the steps to the roof, when we eventually got there, Merle wasn't.

"Where the hell is he!?" Daryl screamed.

"Oh my god" I said, as I saw the severed hand on the ground surrounded by blood.

Daryl pulled out his blue cloth and wrapped the hand in it before putting it into T's backpack.

I walked up to Rick. "This is all your fault! My brother could be bleeding out right now because you were stupid enough to cuff him to a roof!"

"Look, there's a blood trail, maybe if we follow it we can find him" Glenn said as he started to follow the trail over to the fire escape.

We all followed behind him and went back through into the building, we found a belt by a stove that was on, it smelt like burnt flesh.

"He burnt the stump" I said.

"Well you always say nothing can kill a Dixon but a Dixon" Daryl said.

"Yeah well bleeding out could kill anybody" Rick said.

I glared at him and then saw the broken window, Daryl obviously did as well.

"Crazy son of a bitch busted outta here!" He said.

"Okay, well we need to get those guns, then we can look for him, I don't fancy walking around streets filled with walkers unarmed." Glenn said.

We agreed and went to the bottom of the fire escape.

"Okay, Daryl, Rick and T you stay here, i'll go and get the bag, Kara you cover me, your weapon is quiet and quick" He said.

"No way are you taking my baby sister out there" Daryl shouted.

"I'll be fine, I promise" I said before running after Glenn down the road. He quickly retrieved the bag of guns and we ran back to the ally to find Daryl beating a young Mexican man.

"Daryl stop!" I shouted before pulling him off.

Before we knew it I heard a voice behind me "Those are our guns!" He said before two men ran towards us and grabbed me.

"Get off me!" I shouted but one man started to drag me to his car.

"Get off her!" Rick shouted, Daryl shot one man in the ass, but I was shoved into the boot of the car and we drove off, I was lost, away from my brother, again.