Chapter 11 - Some Secrets Are Better Kept As Secrets

Daryls P.O.V

"What!?" Shane pretty much screamed and stormed out of the house, obvoiusly towards the barn.

"Glenn, how do you know?" Kara asked.

"I seen them, I was in the hay loft, and they were in there"

"Urghhhh" Kara groaned and then started to try and get out of bed. I put my hands onto her shoulders to stop her.

"You can't go anywhere yet Kara, you need rest, you've pretty much only just woken up"

She didn't bother to fight and just layed back down.

"I'll come back in a few minutes, I need to check it out" I told her.

She nodded and I turned to leave the room when I felt her grab my wrist, I turned back around to look at her.

"Be careful" She said.

"I will" I said before turning to leave again, Glenn stayed with her in the room.

I ran out of the house and to the barn, where the rest of the group was.

I went straight up to the barn and looked through the crack in the door, I could hear the moans and the smell was awful, suddenly a hand came through the crack and I quickly jumped back.

The door was well locked and secure, it was obvious Hershel knew that they were there, and that he wanted to keep them in there.

Shane walked and up and started screaming and swearing about how we cant stay here.

"We can't leave, we have no where else to go" Rick said.

"And we haven't found Sophia" Andrea said.

"Well then I say we kill the bastards right now"

"We can't its Hershel's land, not ours" Rick said.

"Then we leave, tonight"

"Kara can't walk! She'll die out there! And you've gotta be stupid if you think I'm gonna lose her too" I said.

"I would never let anything happen to that girl and you know that"

"Then we stay, if you want her to be safe, we stay"

Shane sighed, "Fine, but Rick, you need to talk to Hershel tomorrow"

Rick agreed and Shane said he would stay on watch by the barn for the night.

Now that I knew that we were safe, for now, I went back to Kara's room, while everyone else got into their tents or the RV. 

When I got there, Kara had fallen asleep, and there was no way I was leaving her on her own, so I went to find Hershel.

I found him in the living room of his house. "Hershel?" I said.

He looked round at me, "Daryl, how can I help you?"

"Would I be able to borrow a blanket, I don't wanna leave Kara on her own in here" 

"Of course," He said, while he got up and grabbed a blanket from the cupboard. "You're a very caring brother to her, she's very lucky to have a brother like you."

"Thankyou" I said, before going back to Kara's room and getting myself comfy on the chair next to her bed.

Just before I tried to get some sleep, there was a knock on the door and it slowly opened, and Rick was stood there.

"Sorry to bother you, I just wanted to see how she was doing" He said. Although he handcuffed my brother to a roof, forcing him to cut his hand off, he really is a decent man.

"I think she's doing alright, she's sleeping at the moment, but I think that Hershel's definitely right, she should be up and walking again in a few days."

"That's good. I'll talk to Hershel about the barn situation tomorrow, I know Shane is eager to get out but we can't leave if she can't walk yet, she may not survive."

"Exactly. Anyway I'm gonna try get some sleep, see you tomorrow, Rick"

"Night Daryl" He said, and then he turned and left the room, shutting the door slowly and quietly behind him.

I then got myself comfy in the chair, and fell asleep, knowing that tomorrow wasn't going to be a fun day.