Part 4

"My world had ended." I said grabbing for a tissue at the end of my therapists large couch.

Miranda Reed was my eating disorder and mental health therapist/specialist.

I had been at the Clear Waters Treatment Center for two months and she felt like I was finally ready to begin attending group therapy.

The couch I was on was a soft turquoise color and had that foam padding in it that felt as if it was almost giving you a hug.

There was a small patch of brown where someone had previously spilled their coffee but other than that, her room was very simple.

The room consisted of a small brown desk with a black chair, a glass center table, the turquoise couch, and her white chair.

"Wonderful Ellie. That was good. It's getting easier isn't it?" She said scribbling a few things down in her special therapist notebook.

She was referring to me openly admitting what went down the night that Ava had died. Since the funeral, my family had moved on and began anew. My parents realized that they were unhappy in their marriage and divorced one another.

My father ran off to L.A. and married his secretary, Josie, after she fell pregnant with my step brother Daniel.

As for my mother, she married her high school boyfriend, Andrew Walker,  and six months later we welcomed my new baby sister Taylee Ava into the family.

Bentley and I decided to stay with our mother after the divorce causing our father to mildly resent us.

It had felt like the whole world was moving forward and they had left me behind.

My family hadn't noticed anything was wrong with me until I had lost 33 pounds.

At first I had denied that I had a problem.

Despite that, they dragged me from my room kicking and screaming to a treatment center.

I wasn't happy at all.

I remember my moms face as she told me that she had made this mistake once and wasn't going to lose another daughter. Large tears had ran down her face as she kissed me on the cheek and left me with the doctors.

"Ellie. Do you think you're ready to attend group therapy?" Miranda asked.

"Yes." I said looking up to meet her eyes.

She looked happy. She was happy for me, for my progress.

" Let's go!" She said enthusiastically grabbing by my wrist and dragging me through the pristine white halls towards the small library.

Group therapy had already started and I felt awkward walking in late but this point, it wasn't like I had a choice.

Miranda had a tight grip on my wrist and was dragging me into the middle of the room. 

I decided on a seat between a red headed girl and a dirty blonde girl solely because they were seated near the edge of the room.

I later learned that their names were Rose and Gabrielle. I sat and the main therapist addressed me directly.

" Yay! Welcome, new girl!" He said seemingly overjoyed.

" I'm Adrian Monroe. You can call me Adrian, if you'd like." He pauses to catch his breathe.

" If you can, please stand and introduce yourself."

Adrian was the first male I had seen since I arrived here and I'm not embarrassed to say that he was extremely attractive.

Nervously I stood and shoved my palms into my  hoodie pockets.

Shifting my weight from leg to leg I mustered all of my confidence and spoke.

"My name is Ellie Thomas and I have anorexia."

____________________________________

THE END!
I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!

Note: Mental Health, Eating Disorders, and Addiction are real issues and they can't be left unbothered. Please if you struggle with any of these things, talk to someone you trust. I love you all! Please take care of yourself😘

Like & Comment.