1

ethan,

do you remember the day that you told me you loved me?

june 21st i think it was. we took the boat out with all of our friends to have a relaxation day dedicated to all of us.

it was around the time that the sun was setting, i remember it just peaking over the mountains in the distance. our world was a faded color of orange.

the both of us were treading water as we waiting for it to fully drop below the mountain and out of our sight.

i could feel your eyes on me though, and i looked over to you.

the sun was hitting against your skin perfectly causing it to have a radiant glow. and the corners of your mouth were softly pulled upwards as your eyes were glued on me.

"why aren't you watching the sunset?" i asked you, splashing you with water to hide the blush that had formed over my cheeks from having your attention.

your smile grew wider as you wiped your face to get the wetness out of your eyes, but stayed quiet as you continued to look at me.

i could feel the pit in my stomach grow from your gaze, and my heart rate picked up its pace as i stared back at you; admiring you.

the both of us stayed quiet as i slowly swam in your direction so that i could be closer to you.

once i got closer, we were only a foot away from each other, still treading the water.

the smile on your face slowly fell, your eyes traveled around my face.

i remember feeling confused as to why your mood changed, and i was about to ask you what was wrong.

then the words that i told you nearly 2 months before, the words i had been patiently waiting to hear from you, smoothly fell from your mouth.

"i love you."

from,
your past love