9

ethan,

i was sitting at the diner in campus today getting through some of my papers and you walked in.

i was in shock.

you didn't see me when you first came in. you went to the counter to pick up and order to-go.

they handed you your bag of food and as you turned around to leave, that's when you saw me.

having your eyes looking at me for the first time in months made my entire body feel this energy that is indescribable.

yet there was also a negativity to it from so much built up anger as to why i never got answers from you.

you looked towards the door, then back to me as if you were debating on leaving.

you tucked your lips inwards as you looked down to the floor, giving in. you walked towards the table i was sitting at.

my heart was racing, but i could tell yours wasn't. you looked nervous. you looked like you were dreading the conversation we were about to have.

"hey." your voice was low and your hazel eyes that i'm still so in love with looked at me.

"hi." i responded short. i didn't know how i was supposed to act in the moment. im angry, but i still adore you.

you didn't sit down, you stayed standing as you looked like you were thinking hard about something. you looked like you were hesitant of whether to say it or not.

"do you want to talk?" you asked me calmly.

i nodded.

"can you meet up tomorrow? i have to bring back dinner for everyone." you held up the bag of food to show that you were in a hurry.

"yeah." i told you.

you gave me a forced smile, then left.

from,
your past love