8

ethan,

your girlfriend showed up at my house today. i'm not sure how she knows where i live, maybe you told her, or maybe she asked around town.

she was holding the letter i sent to you in her hand.

"ethan is perfectly fine. you don't need to be sending him your pathetic little love letters asking if he's okay. he's not yours to worry about anymore. it's creepy."

i had to stand back for a second and let her words process into my mind.

maybe she's right. you're not mine to worry about anymore and i'm being creepy sending you all of these.

"did you find them or did he show you them?" i asked her.

it was the one thing i needed to know to get some sort of closure from all of this.

"them?" her voice sounded angry as her eyes widened at me. "there's more?"

"only a couple." i lied for you.

as much as it hurt me, i didn't want to cause problems between you and her. you got back with her for a reason, and it's not my place to ruin that for you.

she told me that she came over to your house and you were sitting on your bed. you immediately put the paper under your pillow and she knew something was up.

and that's when she found letter number seven. the most recent one.

ethan.

you hid the other letters from her.

you didn't tell her about the other six that i've sent you.

whether it was because you didn't want her to think something was going on between us, or because you wanted to keep them, you hid the rest of them.

from,
your past love