005 - face your feelings | l.mk

PAIRING: Prosopagnosia!Mark Lee × Reader

GENRE: fluff, slight angst (?)

SUMMARY: Your feelings for your best friend is causing you more trouble than it should, let alone the revelation of him failing to recognise your face.

WORD COUNT: 7.1k words.

The class could not be more monotonous

The class could not be more monotonous. Mayhaps, it is your eagerness to leave the class that has resulted in you dying with every second that passes. You tap the pen against the wooden desk, leading much to the annoyance of the person next to you.

And when the bell rings, you rush outside, finding your way through all the students walking out. You run out of the building and into the open ground, looking around for the one person you'd rather be with. Your best friend.

"Y/N," you hear his distinct voice call out to you. It was clear and beckoning and you turn your head.

"Johnny Seo!" You run towards him and find yourself in his arms, as the man twirls you around for few seconds. People standing around the two of you raise their eyebrow at the spectacle two lunatics were presenting. However, here you are, giggling in his arms.

"I just saw you five hours ago, Y/N," Johnny laughs, putting you down on your feet. You push the hair away from your eyes and your lips drive up automatically. Johnny continues, "You're starting to make it seem like you have no other friend besides me."

"I don't," you state, point blank with a serious expression. It didn't bother you. People in your class weren't exactly ever font of you because of your upfront personality. You stated what you hated and you couldn't handle the sight of injustice.

"Good thing because I'm about to introduce to you a friend of mine," Johnny shoves his hands into his pockets and walks away. You follow him and grip on his arm to stop him.

"Wait. A friend? One that I already don't know? Is he new?"

"Yeah," Johnny responds. "You'll like him. Trust me."

"You know that even if the earth was proved to be flat, I wouldn't trust you, Johnny," you let out a laugh.

Johnny places a hand over his chest and winces, "Ah, that hurt, Y/N. Did you not know that I'm a part of the Flat Earth Research Society?"