Chapter 7: Alibi

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

No one else but only Jeongguk knows how hard it was in these five days to stay away from Taehyung. Even though Taehyung clearly told him that he thinks of him just like he thinks of the assholes in Serene---well not clearly but in hidden words. Jeongguk's not an idiot, he gets it.  

These five days were filled with such a void that Jeongguk felt like he's been falling deeper and deeper into it. He admits he kissed Taehyung too soon but it's not his fault that Taehyung is too irresistible and Taehyung kissed him back too. It can't only be his fault alone but Jeongguk loves taking blame all the time.

He's sure that Taehyung has probably forgotten about him. He didn't went to see Seokjin nor visited Serene because Taehyung would be there. He can't help but jump to one conclusion that Taehyung's words were for him---

Rejection.

Jeongguk and his wolf feel like it and it's the worst feeling. But then Jeongguk reminds himself that they saw eachother for like four days. But then again---Taehyung is Jeongguk's mate and no matter how little the number of days, Jeongguk wants to be closer to him and he wants Taehyung closer to him as well---willingly.

Jeongguk had busied himself in work. He met Minho two days later of the 'meeting' with Taehyung and Minho knew something's wrong but chose not to say anything. Jeongguk was awfully quiet with him. They discussed the business deal and Jeongguk left.

Now it's Saturday night and he's at Serene with Yoongi, Jimin and Hoseok and today, it's not Jeongguk who was quiet, everyone was---even Hoseok.

"Okay---why the fuck you all look constipated?" Hoseok says, finally fed up.

"You are included." Yoongi utters and Hoseok rolls his eyes.

"This is getting on my nerves. Jimin what is this argument between you and Taehyung and why aren't you solving it?" Hoseok asks Jimin and Jimin takes a deep breath.

"I guess he has a right to stay mad at me." Jimin mumbles.

"Why?" Hoseok asks.

"When we--when all were going to see Seokjin hyung---Taehyung called me and he said that he wants to talk but---but I---". Jimin stops and exhales heavily.

"I told him I can't right now and he just ended the call. I didn't call him back which I should've---I should have gone to him but I didn't. He needed me---I could tell by his voice but I left him alone." Jimin says and Yoongi takes his hand in his and squeezes it lightly.

Jeongguk can't help but feel bad too. It was the same day they had parted and Taehyung was alone, just like him. Taehyung told him he has Jimin and Hanbin but no one was there with him at the moment and Jeongguk can feel what it is like to be alone. Really.

"You're his best friend---you should've gone to him rather than Seokjin hyung." Jeongguk utters and Jimin nods.

"I know. Now even when I have a key to his apartment---I can't just barge in because he doesn't want to see me. It's been five days and I just---". Jimin exhales again and leans back into Yoongi.

"You both need to talk. As soon as possible." Hoseok says and Jimin nods.

"He has Hanbin though." Jimin says and moment later. Feeling a bitter spark of jealousy of not being Taehyung's only best friend.

"Hanbin can't take your place and you can't take his---Taehyung can have as many friends as he wants babe." Yoongi utters and Jimin closes his eyes. He just misses his best friend.