Chapter 22: Odor

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Just a few moments are marked by silence---in which Taehyung kneels next to Jeongguk, looking at him and then all around in confusion, his hand on Jeongguk's back. Jeongguk stands in his defensive stance, teeth bare and a growling sound just close to a whisper.

"Jeongguk." Taehyung faintly whispers just to make sure he's not just physically with him. Taehyung doesn't ask what's wrong or what's going on---he thinks Jeongguk knows better but he knows this much that it's not good.

Then a sudden distant noise catches their attention and they both look at the side. Taehyung moves alot more closer to Jeongguk. And there are more noises then---coming from all around them. Jeongguk hides Taehyung behind him now, tilting his body as Taehyung's back meets the rock. Taehyung can still be seen of course but Jeongguk has to shield him.

The growling can be heard now and Taehyung can easily say it's not Jeongguk. Then all of the sudden the wolves jump out in the clearing of the cliff, infront of them and Taehyung may have let out a yelp.

They are four of them---Jeongguk senses two alphas and two betas but one is missing---still hiding. Jeongguk growls loudly and Taehyung shivers slightly, hand curling onto Jeongguk's fur.

The other four wolves move gradually, circling half around Jeongguk and Taehyung. Their eyes are furious just like Jeongguk's and there seems to be a conversation going between them that Taehyung can't seem to understand of course.

I really am barely an Alpha. Taehyung mocks himself.

I must admit. It's nice place for a date don't you think? Jeongguk hears one of the Alpha in his link. He has no idea who he is. The four of the scents are new to him. Except the one beta who is hiding.

Wanna bring your bitch here huh? Jeongguk answers back and hears the other growl.

Worry about your own bitch here. The Alpha spits and Jeongguk knew he'd say something like that---that's all their sick mentality can think of. And Jeongguk knows they're trying to rile him up.

Oh yeah? Why? Jeongguk links. Jeongguk can no longer sense the hidden wolf.

He's gonna have to be strong to see what's about to happen. The Alpha says and before anything else can happen, he charges towards Jeongguk. Though Jeongguk is quick to react and blocks the sudden attempt by charging towards him.

Taehyung's heart almost stops the moment his hand leaves Jeongguk's fur and he sees Jeongguk and the other wolf on eachother. He doesn't know what to do---he feels so useless right now. He almost screams when the other three wolf charge towards Jeongguk.

A painful noise escapes from Taehyung's lips as he sees Jeongguk in the middle of the four wolves---fighting and oh well---taking control. Taehyung sits there mesmerised---the way Jeongguk dodges and blocks all the attacks.

He feels his body heating up---his heart beat going crazy. He shudders even though he's hot and immediately discards the jacket he's wearing. Though he doesn't notice the fight had stopped and when he does---the five of the are looking at him.

Jeongguk and the four wolves feel the change in Taehyung's scent---It's his Alpha scent which is too strong. And when he looks at his mate---who sits kneeling on the ground, eyes glistening red---his canines sharp and he's breathing heavily.

Taehyung brings his hands up---his Red eyes widening as he sees the long nails. Though his attention is taken by a painful grunt of his mate and when he sees the claw mark on Jeongguk's leg---he loses it.