Chapter 1 • A knock at the door

Hermione Granger
Miss Granger,
I'm absolutely delighted to tell you that Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry has re opened and is ready for all students to return.

This includes the previous seventh years in hopes to find some stability after the war. However, this is no mere request, this is a demand, though I do believe you would have snook into the castle either way.

I hope to see you soon,
Minerva McGonogall

A spread of happiness flooded thorough out me, after my parents left to Australia I managed to track them down, finding they have adopted a baby boy, Harrison. I couldn't rip them away from this normality they found, no matter my own selfish needs. Tell me, how could I be any better than the death eaters if I was to manipulate the minds of my parents in a way that no one should?

A knock at the door snapped me from my my inner thoughts. Heading down stairs of my old parents house, luckily the mortgage was paid, though nobody knew I was here, not the Weasleys nor Harry.

"Hello, can I help you?" "Hello, I'm assuming you're Miss Granger?" "I am, is there anything you need help with?" "It may be best if we sit, would you mind if I came in?" "Sure, the living room is just this way," I allowed the mystery woman to follow me in side, I didn't miss the wand poking out of her knee high boots.

"So what's up?" I asked, taking a sip of my rose tea"Okay, this may seem weird, but you are my daughter," said sip turned into a inhale, resulting in me chocking. The woman stated tapping my back helping me to breath. "I'm sorry, you must be mistaken, my parents live in Australia now," "I'm telling the truth, my name is Alexa Gaunt, and you my darling daughter Rose Gaunt," "And I assume you have proof of this," "I sure do, my husband wished he could come today but he is currently working on fixing the ministry, any who, you are currently under a glamour spell, I can remove this if you like?" "Please, I need the proof," I spoke, taking a deep breath in.

Alexa... my suppose mother, took her wand out of her boot, casting a silent spell, it felt as if a bucket of ice cold water was being dumped through my soul. Once it was over, I headed to the mirror to see if I had changed. The sight in front of me, wow.

My shoulder length brown hair was replaced with platinum blonde hair that reached my lower back, my dull brown eyes, now bright green. I was once five foot three, now I'm at least five ten. How was this me? Was it always me?

"We look alike," I gasped, inspecting my mother "We do, however, you have your fathers eyes and lips," a slight smile perked on my lips. I still have a family, a wizard family. "I've never heard of the Gaunt family before?" "Well we had to leave the UK when Voldemort returned, however we are back and your father is the new minister of magic," "Are you a pure blood family?" "We are, you are a pure blood," well damn, that's a change.

"Why did you have to leave, and leave me behind?" "We'll, your going to be a powerful witch darling, you've proven so already, Voldemort wanted to marry you, well he was more into breeding you," "that's disgusting!" "You see, we left you right under his nose whilst we left, that way if they caught us you weren't there, and for you to be muggle born, well he never would have considered you," "I mean, fair do, so now what?" "Well you come to our home, we live in the UK now," "Okay," "Just grab your essentials, none of your clothes will fit anymore," "If it's possible, I'd prefer to start fresh," "That's totally fine with me," she smiled, "How about we go get your father and take him for dinner?" "That sounds good to me, but I should probably get changed, this outfits a bit small," I chuckled.

With a wave of her wand she changed my outfit, from a black dress that reached my knee to white shorts and a black blouse with some black knee high boots.

"Here you go love," she passed me a white trench coat and a clear dome umbrella, "I swear it never stops raining in the UK," I chuckled at her tone. "Where did you go once you left?" "We first went to America, then bounced throughout the states, until we made it to Fiji were no one thought to look," "Well that weather is a bit different to the weather here," she nodded.

"Well let's go get your dad," she took my hand and soon the familiar sensation of apparition came over me. We landed in the centre of the ministry.

"Ah Mrs Gaunt, your husband is in a meeting right now, however it should be done soon, you can wait in his office if you like?" "Brilliant, however do not tell him we're here," "I'm sorry mam, but who exactly is she?" "This is my daughter, Rose," the woman who I'm guessing is my dads secretary lead us to his office.

"Now darling, you should sit in his chair, it would be a nice surprise for when he gets back, his job leaves him rather stressed," I headed towards his desk, I spotted a silver frame with a photo of Alexa, who I'm assuming to be my father and two young children, one could easily be a younger me but the boy?

"Mum, who is this little boy?" "Well, that would be your brother," "I have a brother?" "A twin brother," a males voice echoed in the room.

"Simon," my mother welcomed the elder man, "My love... is this her?" "It is, our daughter is finally home," he slowly walked over to me as I placed the frame that was still in my hand back on his desk.

"My Princess Rose," my father pulled me into a hug, holding me close. Shockingly it didn't feel weird or foreign, but exactly what home and family felt like. "I'm so glad you're home and safe," "Me to dad, me to," not long after my mother joined the hug.

Once we separated, we headed into Diagon Alley, taking a seat at a rather fancy restaurant. "Can you tell me about my twin brother?" "Sure thing, well he's rather loud and outspoken however once he puts his mind to something he won't stop till it's done, he's also rather overprotective of his sister," "How can he be overprotective of me if he doesn't know me?" "Well your brother attended Hogwarts, he was a Slytherin," "Who?" Please for the sake of humanity... do not be Malfoy "I'm guessing you know Theodore Nott,"

Bloody hell, my twins my bully...