Chapter 21• The memorial

Remembrance of the last chapter:
"You was supposed to be my best friend Luna yet you stole my soulmate from me!" A whack as a belt came down in flesh could be heard, "I didn't mean to! The sorting hat put me with him!" "But you love him!" "I do, I can't help that!" Ginny dropped the belt before using her fists, her quidditch training made her incredibly strong.

Draco held Harry back when Harry looked as if he was going to pounce, but Ginny still had her wand and it would only take a millisecond for her to kill Luna. Neville managed to cast a  'Wingardium Leviosa' and raise her wand without Ginny noticing. Releasing Harry he attacked!

Watching as he began to pummel Ginny's face before pinning her to the ground, Pansy and I unchaining Luna, we never saw the flash of green light coming.

A thud was heard, silence echoed through the cracks in our souls. A life was lost, but who shot the curse? And more importantly, who did it hit?

Rose POV
We returned to our common room; still stunned into silence, after the war we thought that was to be the last death we faced for centuries to come, I could have never expected to be thrust into the darkest parts of my life once more. "What now?" Theo murmured, I knew he was shocked as the curse just skimmed his ear before hitting its target. He blamed himself for the death of a friend or foe. His heart to big to deal with such monstrous actions of the world. "We head to the infirmary, we have to go visit everyone else," Theo and I was the only two to come out fairly unscathed, Ginny has set up several protective spells, however they seemed to be void I relation to Theo and I. I changed out of my filthy clothes into one of Draco's shirts and a pair of leggings, slipping on plain black boots. No point in making an effort.

McGonogall greeted us as the door, offering her condolences before escorting us to the infirmary. "Go join them," heading inside, we separated to join our respected partner.

Draco was awake finally, he was hit with some comatose spell but luckily enough his soulful connection to me, it only knocked him out. Poppy was currently hand stitching his shoulder where he was slashed with a knife. I sat by his side. "I'm okay," "I know, I love you," "I love you too," "I just can't believe it," "Neither my love, but we will figure it out," nodding I snuggled into his uninjured side.

•••••••2 weeks later•••••••

"As you all know by now, Hogwarts has lost another student, it is with our deepest sympathy that we pass on our love and support to there friends and family at this time," everyone began to mumble, but we remained silent, still shocked even as the weeks went by. "On Friday, we will be holding s memorial for the dearly departed at the black lack, Please if you can attend as we say good bye to this soul," McGonogall finished, the mood had turned somber though I'm not fully convinced it ever truly went back to normal before hand.

Friday approached quicker than what I would have preferred. Standing in my room, I was applying a pastel pink shade of eyeshadow to my face as Draco was tying his tie, the same shade of pink as my dress. "You look beautiful," "I have to live up to the Malfoy standards my handsome hubby," "We best be off," linking hands I sighed before heading to the common room. "Are you ready?" Everyone nodded before we emerged, heading to the lake. McGonogall ordered that we wear colour, I think she just wanted to bring some cheer or at least life back to Hogwarts.

Reaching the black lake everyone parted to allow us to the front wear photos were displayed from their time at Hogwarts, memories from friends and teachers. Not long after McGonogall arrived, teachers line the chairs to the side whereas students were filling the centre of the field.

"I thank you all for coming," my mind began to replay the events of the night this happened, not meaning to, I zoned out to relive the worst night since we were back.

I watched Ginny drop to her knee in a thud, eyes glazed over, everyone appeared to be in shock. Our friend, gone in an instant. I ran to Harry, making sure he was okay, before Draco wrapped me in his arms, whilst we embraced our soulmates, the auroras and Ron entered the dungeon like room. "We shall return her to Hogwarts, the one who casted the curse has already been taken to the ministry, I'm sorry for your loss," the head Aurora, Johnson I believe he was called offered his condolences. Maniacal cackles were released from the deranged female Weasley as she stood, taunting us, whilst she toyed with our deceased friend.

The wound was still raw, as McGonogall announced the name, the first time it had been spoken in the last two weeks.

"With my deepest regrets and condolences to the parents, friends and soulmates of Luna Lovegood," And with the name, that was the first time I had allowed my self to cry.