Chapter 6 • Catching up with my past

Rose Gaunt

The last day of summer flew by and before I knew it I was waiting for the Hogwarts express. Once we had been dropped off at kings cross, my mother and father saying good bye and forcing us to promise that we will write every week, I found myself on platform nine and three quarters.

"Rose, Theo!" Draco called out, walking towards us. "You ready?" He asked, "Nervous," was both our responses whilst he just nodded. "Let's go find Pansy and Blaise, I think they are already on the train," just as we turned to walk onto the train, I bumped into Harry Potter.

"Sorry, didn't see you," he mumbled, his eyes appearing rather dark... how much sleep did he get this summer? Evidently, not much. "Don't worry about it," I smiled before following Theo and Draco onto the train. "Here they are," Draco announced, we walked in to see Pansy and Blaise arguing over what shade of green was best.

"Guys!" Theo shouted, to announce our presence, "Ah Theo, new look? I like it," Pansy complemented. "Rose?" She gasped out before hugging me close. "Hi," I spoke once she let me go. "Oh sorry, you don't remember, we were best friends before all this happened," she smiled, I nodded whilst taking a seat.

"How about we play a game?" I offered, "Truths?" Pansy offered up, to which we all agreed. "Rose, what house was you previously in?" "Gryffindor," I saw the other occupants flinch at the name. "Draco, who do you love?" "Rose," "Pansy,  Tell me something, who do you love?" I shot back, "Neville..." "Did not see that coming," Blaise snickered, earning a back hand to the face.

"Theo, what's your deepest secret?" "I'm bisexual," he coughed out, "Yeah we know," Draco laughed, "What do you mean?" Theo questioned, seeming rather shocked that he wasn't being hexed to the brink of death, "No straight man dresses like you," Pansy laughed. "You're okay with it though?" "Of course, you're our brother, our best friend," Draco comforted.

"How about Kiss, marry or kill?" Blaise asked, "Sure, Pansy; Draco, Neville or Blaise," I asked, "Bitch, erm, kiss Draco, marry Neville and kill Blaise... Blaise you're like my brother," she clarified when he scowled at her, I felt a pinch of jealousy when she chose to kiss Draco. "Theo; Ron, Harry or Cormac," Draco asked, I snickered at the disgust on his face, "Kiss Cormac, marry Harry and kill Ron," I gagged at the fact of Cormac Mclaggen. "Draco; Rose, Hermione or Astoria," "Kill Astoria, kiss Hermione and Marry Rose," I was shocked at the fact he wouldn't kill me... well Hermione. I guess there is a chance he won't hate me after all. "Rose; Fred, Dean Thomas or Luna," "Marry Fred, kiss Luna and kill Dean," no offence to Dean, but I'd rather not have a violent Irishman after me. I felt Draco's arm grow slightly tighter when I said to marry Fred.  "Blaise; Me, Rose or Theo?" Pansy asked, "Kill Rose, sorry but I'd rather not have Draco after me, kiss you and marry Theo," he winked earning an air kiss from my twin.

After some more harmless fun, we decided to get changed into our robes, then into their Slytherin and me into my plain black. Not long after we arrived at the station. "First years with me, second and up to the carriages," the husky voice of Hagrid ordered. We all took off to the carriages, every seventh and returnees  gasping at the thestrals.

Choosing a carriage, we quickly got in, letting ourselves be take to Hogwarts. Upon seeing the caste, it looked identical, a few cracks here and there, but if you didn't know the war happened, you wouldn't be able to tell. Once we gained entry, we were escorted by Head master McGonogall to the dining hall.

However, once we arrived there was one large table. "Everyone take a seat, now if you are the new seventh year or returning for the unofficial eight year we have decided it best for you to be resorted as wars highlighted some new traits in you all," Those who were to be resorted went in an uproar, especially the youngest Weasleys.