Chapter 1 : Vernacular

Clare heard a voice "Doctor, Doctor!". A Janitor shaking Clare's body hoping that she regains her consciousness. "Doctor, Doctor! (speaks in spanish means wake up)" said the janitor. Clare answer him with the words "I am awake, I am awake, (*speaks in spanish means my head hurts)". The Janitor quite shocked that the doctor understands and speaks spanish. He asked Clare "(speaks in spanish means You know how to speak spanish?)". Clare answers "What? No, I don't speak spanish!". The man said "(speaks in spanish means you just answer my question in spanish)". Clare replied in spanish she stopped halfway of her phrase and astonished on how she was able to understand and speak spanish? Clare put his hand on her head and grabs the arm of the man forcing her body upward to take a stand. Clare immediately check the specimen in its container on the apparatus. The man escorted her to the door of her lab and to their clinic. When they are walking on the halls of the building, they pass through the building's canteen. When they are walking beside the canteen, Clare saw many of her co-workers from different parts of the globe taking their break. Some of her co-workers are from Asia, Africa and South America. Suddenly Clare felt a headache again and began to hear the conversation of her co-workers in the canteen with their own native language. She was so surprised that she can understand everyone of them and every word they said. Her headache intensifies after hearing all of their words and understanding them at the same time. Clare cover her ears using her two hands while the man aiding him to walk. When they reach the clinic the clinic's doctor run several tests to her to check her condition. When she has the strength to stand and the tests were finished, she asked the doctor about her condition. The doctor said that they will re-examine the results of her tests before giving her diagnosis and advised her to take a break from her work for a couple of months and take a rest. Clare obeyed her doctor's order but still bugged by the unnatural event happened to her and the new ability she acquired.

One time when Clare was chilling in her apartment with her younger brother named Mike.

Mike: Sis, Is that a Chinese movie? Are you flexing your new 'acquired skill'?

Clare: Mike are you messing with me? (speaks in Chinese means get lost)!

Mike (with a teasing tone): Pardon? I am not multilingual like you now? My superhero sis!

Clare: (speaks in Chinese, Irish and French means f**k off), You know mike why you are here? You have classes, today right?

Mike: Alright sis, don't be a bummer! I am just worried about you and want to add some humor in the situation. I will be off, call me if you need something.

Clare: (speaks in Chinese means I can take care of myself).

Few hours passed after Mike set off to attend his classes. Clare heard rings from the doorbell from her apartment. Clare immediately forced her body upward to take a stand and pull her slippers under the couch. She looked through a hole on her door to see who was on the other side. Clare saw three people wearing black coats and wearing black sunglasses. Clare think suspiciously of what will these guys want from her. Clare decided to not respond to the ringing of the doorbell and sit on her couch pretending nothings home. The ringing stops and a smashing kick break the door open and Clare shouted in surprise. The three persons consists of two males and 1 female, the two male hold Clare's hands so she can't escape and the female pull out a tablet from her bag. She approached Clare and hold her head so Clare can see her face.

Female with black coat: Hi Clare, do you enjoy your rest so far?

Clare: Who are you, what do you want from me? Why do you know my name?

Female with black coat: You don't have the authority to ask! I am the one who have a set of questions to you. Participate and you will not be harmed.

Clare: Help! Help, what do you want from me?

Female with black coat: You can scream all you want but no one can here you.

She taps on her tablet and read data from it, she backed away from Clare and sit on Clare's couch.

Female with black coat: What we have here, A multilingual on a sudden without prior learning of other languages, Interesting!

She stands up and approach Clare.

Female with black coat: (speaks in Spanish means You'll be dead by now if you don't understand any word I say).

Clare suddenly intensify her struggles on the two men grasp on her hands but she can't escape.

Clare: What? I don't know what you are saying?

Clare pretending that she didn't understand the girl's threat. The Girl pull a gun from here side and point to Clare.

Female with a black coat: You don't understand what I've say?

Clare stopped her struggling because of the gun pointing at her and give a scared stare at the girl.

Clare: I Understand, I understand. I don't know how I acquire this ability. I am just studying the specimen from the meteorite that hit the earth ten years from now and suddenly I have this shit full of load.

Female with a black coat: So, it's true. I am impressed. You will be accompanying us to our station. Sit tight and you will be arriving there, whole piece.

The two male start to cover Clare mouth with a cloth with sedative and Clare start to fall in slumber, one of the male carried her and put her on their car and they start to drive to their station.