Chapter 4: The Aviary

Silvers instruct his men to plug the cables on Luna's skin and they start the switch on the apparatus where the other end of the cables where attached. Luna were still on gasping for air and regaining her consciousness. The fluid starts to flow from its tank and to Luna's skin. Luna starts to get relaxed and unable to move her body. She was sedated by the fluid that enter her body. The men behind Claire point a gun on the back of her head. The other persons seated on the chairs also has guns pointed on the back of their head. Clare froze and suddenly Silvers tap the screen and clap his hands.

Silvers: We will continue our briefing; in case you resist, there is a free ticket to afterlife waiting for you.

Silvers call again Dr. Wright to continue his interrupted explanation.

Wright: Settle down children! I will continue the explanation. The meteorite 3033 after 10 years it has landed to earth it suddenly activated and release a large amount of radiation that affects organisms surround it. The debris will release green glow. We are tracking the spots were there is an infection of the radiation.

Wright tap the screen where there is an image of a map.

Wright: As you can see in the screen the scope of the radiation is global. This is a critical for the entire human race. The debris infecting flora and fauna and even humans like you in this room. The state decided to gather the enhanced people by the radiation to prevent this phenomenon. There is many GMO's run amok and out of control. We have the data of some of the enhanced individuals all over the globe and carefully form a team to help the state to stop this. Almost thirds of the population are wiped in the face of the earth. We picked you to form a team based on your enhancements.

Silvers start to speak after Dr. Wright

Silvers: All of us were under The Aviary, The Aviary is an organization funded by the state to study the meteorite 3033 and the organisms it affects. The Aviary consists of four sectors: The Accipitrus: Eagle, The Strigidus: Owl, The Corvus: Crow and The Passeridus: Sparrow. The Eagle Sector were the one who is in high command. It is the one who is the head of the aviary and the one who communicates with the state officials. I am apart of the Eagles sector, so all of the lower ranks will obey my command no matter what. The Owl Sector is responsible for RND (research and development) and for medical attention on each members of the aviary. The Crow Sector is the sector for the enhanced individuals that can be used as weapon to address the current situation we are facing. You are apart of this sector, you will be form as team to accomplish mission given by the Eagle Sector. The Sparrow Sector are responsible for engineering and logistics. Each of the sector has a symbol, it will be embedded in the uniform that will be given to you after you have been qualified to join a sector.

Silvers tap the screen and a list of ten names appear on the screen including Clare and Luna then Dr. Wright start to speak.

Wright: This is the list of the names that included to Corvus Sector, Murder 21.

Dr. Wright expands the screen with the names enlist in it. Clare saw the data that is on the screen

Corvus Sector: Murder 21

Crows:

Melanya Sokovich – Croatian, Telepathy , Leader of Murder 21

Luna Lothbrook – Scandivian, enhance self-regeneration

Cyrus Nishido – Japanese, channels pain from entity to entity he had physical contact with

Kyla Hemmings – Canadian, creates shockwaves with her voice

Dao Tzai Ming - Chinese, releases chemicals acts like a steroid when sweating

Chad Geron – South African, night vision

Giovanni Roskov – Russian, can control air with a specific range around him

Roswell Winters – American, releases deadly toxin in her blood

Joseph Knight – Filipino, enhanced skin thickness and tensile strength

Dr. Clare Spencers – British, can speak and understand all languages visual or aural

Dr. Wright: You will be called Crows. Your team commander will be Melanya but she wants to be called M. You will be directly receiving order from her given by the Eagle Sector. You will be undergoing rigorous training before we will be setting you to your first mission.

Silvers: The Forage has been completed! The sparrows will escort you to your new designated rooms. After a week we will start your trainings. Cooldown, rest and make a decision, you can help us to stop this disaster.

The sparrows escorted Clare and the other crows to their rooms. Clare still can't keep up on these data that she needed to understand, to know what's going on. A week has passed and the Crows is about to commence their first training session.