Chapter Seven - New Rivalries and Resolve

Itachi, Kisame, Yaoyorozu and Kirishima entered the control room to the sound of cheers. All Might let out a large smile.

All Might: CONGRATULATIONS YOUNG AIZAWA AND HOSHIGAKI! YOU WENT PLUS ULTRA ON THIS!

Itachi simply nodded his head and Kisame chuckled. 

ALL MIGHT: YOUR STRATEGY WAS NEARLY FLAWLESS! YOU PLAYED THE VILLAIN ROLES PERFECTLY! ESPECIALLY YOU YOUNG HOSHIGAKI!

Kisame: Glad I could entertain! I was simply having fun! Hehehe!

Ashido: Scary!

Kisame gave a small menacing laugh in response to the comment.

All Might: BUT THE HERO TEAM DID JUST AS WELL! ESPECIALLY YOU YOUNG YAOYOROZU! DESPITE SURMOUNTABLE ODDS, YOU KEPT ON FIGHTING! YOU TRULY HAVE THE MAKINGS OF A TRUE HERO!

Ochaco: He's right! You were amazing! You all were!

All Might: AS FOR YOU YOUNG KIRISHIMA, LETTING THE ENEMY RECUPERATE WAS NOT A SMART MOVE!

Kirishima simply gave a nervous chuckle as he rubbed the back of his head. 

Bakugo: That was a real stupid idea Shitty Hair!

Kirishima then walked towards Kisame with a determined look in his eyes. 

Kirishima: Kisame! You may have beaten me, but I promise to get stronger and beat you! I name you my rival! What do you say Kisame?

Kirishima extended his hand to Kisame. Impressed by the hero's offer, Kisame accepted.

Kisame: You really are an interesting one aren't ya? I guess I'll have to take you up on that offer, rival! Just make it fun for me! I don't want to keep rag dolling you over and over again!

Kirishima: That fight will be the last you'll rag doll me!

Itachi observed the rest of the Battle Trials with watchful eyes. After the trials ended, class was concluded. Itachi and Kisame were walking out of UA.

Kisame: Well I'd say that was fun! Even made a few friends!

Itachi: It seems like you did.

Kisame: You really need to lighten up. Life's too short. Have some fun!

Itachi: We're training to be heroes, Kisame. Remember that.

Kisame: Good point.

As Kisame and Itachi continued there conversation, Yaoyorozu walked up to them. 

Yaoyorozu: I would like to say congratulations on your victory Aizawa and Hoshigaki.

Itachi: No need to be formal with me. Itachi will suffice.

Kisame: Likewise! Anyway, I should get going. See ya later partner!

Itachi and Yaoyorozu said their goodbyes to Kisame as he walked away, leaving the two alone.

Yaoyorozu: As I was saying, you did very well Itachi.

Itachi: You did well too Momo. 

That compliment made Yaoyorozu blush. 

Yaoyorozu: Thank you Itachi, I appreciate that. I wanted to ask you something.

Itachi: Sure. What's on your mind?

Yaoyorozu: Back at the Quirk Assessment Tests, you said you felt you weren't good enough. I was trying to figure out why you meant that. But after facing you at the Battle Trials, I'm even more confused. You say you need to be better, yet you outclass us in almost every way. Why?

Itachi was silenced by Yaoyorozu's words. It's true that Itachi was leagues above his classmates, yet Itachi felt the need to improve. 

Itachi: I made a promise to someone that I would be the best hero I could be. I may be called a prodigy and maybe even a genius, but I'm still human. I have my own limitations as do the others. I want to surpass these limitations. 

Yaoyorozu was left stunned by Itachi's answer. He seemed so powerful and more than capable of decimating the entire class, yet she was looking at someone so clearly humble. 

Yaoyorozu: I see. You truly are an anomaly Itachi. You clearly have power, yet you're so grounded. And in regards to that promise, who did you make it to?

Itachi: My mother. That's all I'll say about it.

Yaoyorozu: I understand. I didn't mean to intrude.

Itachi then poked Yaoyorozu's forehead with two of his fingers while flashing a warm smile. This was the first time Momo's seen such a warm smile on Itachi. 

Itachi: No need to apologize. I should get going. See you later Momo.

As Itachi walked away, Yaoyorozu felt the spot here Itachi poked her. She blushed so hard, she was practically red. She felt lucky Itachi didn't see that. 

Yaoyorozu: You too!

Itachi got home and began another training session with his father. The sparring match was a lot closer than the first one. But like the last one, Itachi emerged victorious. 

Aizawa: You improved your form. That's good. Keep it up kid.

Itachi: Thanks.

Aizawa: That was impressive what you pulled in your Battle Trials. Especially against one of the top students.

Itachi: You mean Yaoyorozu?

Aizawa: Yeah. She got into UA through recommendation like you, but I guess you already knew that.

Itachi: She told me herself.

Aizawa: That plan you pulled was impressive. I take it you deduced why I didn't let anyone know of Hoshigaki's Quirk.

Itachi: Yes. It was a test for how someone would handle a villain whose Quirk they didn't know. It was also a test for me to see how well I would work together with someone I didn't know.

Aizawa: That was the basic idea. Though a last second lesson to be honest. What're your thoughts on the new kid?

Itachi: He's a strong one that's for sure. If I had to compare him to any of the others, I'd say he's a mix between Kirishima and Bakugo. He's an aggressive fighter who tends to play with his prey. But he's got a good mind for strategy. 

Aizawa: He sure scared some of the class with his humor. I can already tell he's gonna be a pain in the neck. 

Itachi went to the fridge in the kitchen and grabbed himself a bottle of water. Aizawa then decided to discuss Itachi's planning during the Battle Trials.

Aizawa: Now let's discuss your planning. You sent Kisame to fight Yaoyorozu and Kirishima by himself. Then you waited till one of them separated and look for the bomb and you sent that....illusion to fight Yaoyorozu. What was the point in that.

Itachi: It was to ultimately tire Yaoyorozu out. That way I wouldn't have to overuse my Sharingan. 

Aizawa: Impressive thinking. I can now see why the Phantom was so effective in the streets. 

Itachi: I think they miss me.

Aizawa: Who?

Itachi: The criminals. It must feel weird for them not having the Phantom around.

Aizawa let out a small chuckle in response to Itachi's joke.

Aizawa: You really are my son. Making a joke like that. That'll be it for training for the day. Get some rest kid. We got another day ahead of us.

Itachi simply nodded as he got in his bead and went to sleep, ready for another day at UA.