Chapter Sixteen - Kisame vs Kirishima

The next match Yaoyorozu against Tokoyami. Before Yaoyorozu left the stands before, Itachi walked up to her.

Itachi: Good luck Momo! 

Yaoyorozu: I'll try my best Itachi!

Yaoyorozu soon got to the arena and faced off against Tokoyami. At the stands, Itachi and Kisame were discussing the match and how it could go down.

Kisame: This match is going to be interesting!

Itachi: How so?

Kisame: Think of it this way: your next match is going to be either Momo or Tokoyami. Either of which will certainly be more of a challenge than Deidara!

Itachi remained silent as Yaoyorozu's match began. He saw that Yaoyorozu was visibly nervous about Tokoyami's Quirk. She creats a shield using her Quirk to block Dark Shadow's attacks. As Dark Shadow pounds on the shield, she gets ready to create a weapon, but when Dark Shadow stops attacking, she sees that she had been knocked out the arena, giving Tokoyami the win.

Kisame: Well that was disappointing. Looks like you'll be facing Tokoyami. 

Soon, Yaoyorozu returned to the 1-A stands, utterly defeated and demoralized. 

Itachi: It's okay Momo! You gave it your all! 

Yaoyorozu: I.......I'm sorry everyone for losing!

Itachi: No need to apologize. You were overthinking. It happens to the best of us! Let it be a lesson!

Itachi's kind words only slightly made Yaoyorozu feel better. But her self worth was still in question. Soon it was Kisame's match against Kirishima.

Kirishima: Looks like it's our turn!

Kisame: It would appear so! Let's have some fun!

As Kisame and Kirishima made their way to the arena, Jiro pulled Itachi over to talk in private. 

Itachi: What is it Jiro?

Jiro: It's about Momo.......she......she likes you. A lot.

That realization seemed to fly past Itachi. He did notice that she always acted strange whenever Itachi was around her.

Jiro: But ever since the USJ attack, something's been bothering her. I don't know what. I've tried askeing her, but she won't say anything.

Itachi: I......I don't know what to say......

Jiro: I'm really concerned to for her. And that loss earlier isn't going to help with her self confidence. When you get the chance.....can you talk to her?

Itachi: I'll try. After the Sports Festival. 

Jiro: Okay. And Itachi......you're a really good friend!

Itachi flashed his warm smile as the two got back to their seats and waited for Kisame's match to start. Present Mic presented the match.

Present Mic(Intercom): AND FROM CLASS 1-A: WE HAVE OUR TWO COMBATANTS! FIRST IS THE TAILLESS BEAST KISAME HOSIHGAKI! AND OUR SECOND COMBATANT IS THE MANLY EIJIRO KIRISHIMA! BEGIN!

Kirishima activated his hardening Quirk as Kisame slammed Sharkskin onto Kirishima. Kisame then landed a kick on Kirishima's gut strong enough to knock him back. He then uses his Water Quirk to summon a water dragon to lunge at Kirishima, who simply punches through.

Kisame: Well that's new! Looks like it won't be a total wash like last time! Hehehehe!

Kirishima: I'm gonna go all out here!

Kisame: Please do! It's been a while since I had fun!

Kisame's words sent chills down some of his classmate's spines.

Mina: Kisame always finds a way to creep me out even more!

Kaminari: No kidding! How does someone find fun in something like this?

Hagakure: I don't know! I'm glad I'm not fighting him!

Tsuyu: You're probably not alone Hagakure.

As the fight continued, Kirishima charged at him to attack. But Kisame grabs him and begins to unleash a torrent of water to begin forming a water prison. Kisame takes his drinking gourd and takes a few sips. After so, he puts it back. 

Kisame: Didn't you learn last time not to charge at the guy who can form water prisons?

Kirishima: Try this on for size!

Before the Water Prison could engulf him, Kirishima uses his free arm and punches Kisame in the face, forcing him to let go. Kisame's face is cut up and bleeding, but Kisame simply laughs.

Kisame: That was smart I'll give you that! 

Kirishima: Thanks bro! 

Kisame then charges at Kirishima, shooting water bullets from his mouth as he holds Sharkskin ready to attack. As the two trade blows, the rest of Class 1-A observe that match. 

Tsuyu: These two are really going at it. That's what you get when you pit two tanks against each other.

Jiro: Wasn't Kisame with you at the USJ attack?

Midoriya: He was. He even held his own against the Nomu.

Mina: You mean that monster that took out Mr. Aizawa?!

Tsuyu: Thanks to his Shark From. 

Kaminari: Think we'll be seeing that at this fight?

Tsuyu: Possibly. But who knows?

As the fight continued, Kisame sees that Kirishima is beginning to feel the effects of the fight. Kisame sees the opportunity to deal the last blow. As he swings Sharkskin at Kirishima, Kirishima sees an opening and ducks down the attack. Kirishima then headbutts Kisame and tosses him out of the ring.

Present Mic(Intercom): AND KIRISHIMA WINS THE FIGHT BY RING OUT! WHAT A MATCH EVERYONE! 

As Kisame gets up, he sees Kirishima on the ring, extending his hand to the defeated Kisame.

Kirishima: Looks like we're tied!

Kisame: You really are an interesting one. 

Kisame takes his hand and returns the respect from Kirishima. Midnight sees the mutual respect between the two and is moved by it.

Midnight: Such camaraderie! I love it!

Kisame and Kirishima return to the 1-A stands to a surprised class.

Mina: That was an awesome match you two!

Kirishima: Thanks Mina!

Kisame: I think we both had fun! Hehehehehe!

That laugh creeped out Mina as she lets out a nervous chuckle. The next match was Ochaco and Bakugo. She fought a valiant fight, but was overpowered by Bakugo's power. With the first matches out of the way, the next tournament matches were made known. 

Match #1: Izuku Midoriya vs Shoto Tokoroki

Match #2: Ibara Shiozaki vs Sasori

Match #3: Itachi Aizawa vs Fumikage Tokoyami

Match #4: Eijiro Kirishima vs Katsuki Bakugo

With the next set of matches underway, all the combatants had to prepare themselves for the next stage of the tournament of the Sports Festival.