Chapter Eight - Prelude to USJ

Another day has arrived at UA. Itachi was the one of the first people to arrive at class as usual. Yaoyorozu came shortly after and took a seat next to Itachi. Everyone soon got to class with the exception of one student. 

Kirishima: Yo Itachi! Where's Kisame?

Itachi: I don't know. 

Just as Itachi answered the question, Kisame entered the classroom wearing his class uniform and had Sharkskin sheathed at his back.

Aizawa: Care to explain why you're late Hoshigaki?

Kisame: Ran into a couple of little fish. Sharkskin was pretty hungry?

Iida: You prohibited from using your Quirk in public Hoshigaki!

Kisame: Didn't use my Quirk at all. I just simply fed Sharkskin.

Mina: You killed them?!

Kisame: Maybe. Maybe not. Hehehehehe!

That laugh sent chills down most of the class's spines. 

Aizawa: Enough. Take a seat Kisame.

Kisame took a seat next to Itachi. Yaoyorozu gave Kisame a concerned look regarding his comments of why he was late.

Aizawa: Now let's get down to homeroom business. Sorry about the short notice, but today you'll be.......

Almost the whole class seemed ready fro whatever Aizawa said. Itachi knew exactly what his father had planned. 

Aizawa:.....picking a class representative.

Hearing that caused the entire class to feel a sense of relief knowing that the activity was a normal school activity as opposed to combat related activities. Everyone began to make their cases about them being class representative. Kisame scoffed at the idea.

Kisame: Seems everybody has a high opinion of themselves. Wouldn't you say Itachi?

Yaoyorozu: Wouldn't you want to be class representative?

Itachi: I don't. I'm sure there are others more suited for the job than me. I'm sure Kisame doesn't want to be representative either.

Kisame: You're not wrong.

Before chaos could completely engulf the class, a classmate took control.

Iida: Silence, please! Being class representative is a job with the serious responsibility of leading others! If we want to use democracy to decide on a true leader, then we should hold a class election to elect one.

The class began to vote on who would be class representative. It didn't take long for Itachi to vote for Yaoyorozu. The way she conducted herself at the Battle Trials deeply impressed Itachi. After everyone was done voting, the results were clear. Itachi had won with 5 votes and Yaoyorozu was second with 2 votes.

Bakugo: RED EYES?! WHO VOTED FOR HIM!

Sero: You honestly thought anyone was gonna vote for you!

Kisame: Well ain't that a surprise Itachi!

Itachi and Yaoyorozu got to the front of the class. Itachi was elected a Class Representative and Yaoyorozu was elected as Vice President. Itachi soon made a shocking announcement.

Itachi: I'm resigning as Class Representative. I'm handing my post over to Iida. 

Hearing that shocked the entire class. Kisame simply laughed.

Midoriya: But why? You won! You're more than qualified for the job.

Itachi: Not really. I have no interest in being class representative. I feel I'm not the right person fit for the job. Iida however would be perfect. No hard feelings on those who placed their votes for me, but I'm not fit for the role.

Hearing that reasoning gave Aizawa a small smirk. 

Aizawa: (This kid keeps finding ways to surprise me.)

Iida: Thank you Itachi! If the class rep nominated me, then it cannot be helped. From this day forth, I, Tenya Iida promise to carry out the duties of the class to the best of my abilities!

Everyone began to clap for Iida. Yaoyorozu nudged Itachi.

Itachi: What is it?

Yaoyorozu: How can you say you're not fit? You should be the leader.

Itachi: I'm no leader. Iida is. Though I wished you had won though. I did vote for you after all.

Hearing that caused Yaoyorozu to blush slightly.

Aizawa: Now that we got the class rep, get your Hero costumes and meet me at the bus. We're going to USJ for Rescue training. 

The class got on the bus and made their way to USJ. On the way there, Itachi was staring out the window, getting lost in thought. But as he was doing so, a student grabbed his attention.

Tsuyu: Hey Itachi. I wanted to ask you something. 

Itachi: What is it Tsuyu?

Tsuyu: Please call me Tsu!

Itachi: I apologize Tsu.

Tsuyu: No problem! You were the Phantom right?

Itachi: I was yes. 

Tsuyu: So you had some experience at crime fighting correct?

Itachi: Correct.

Tsuyu: So you already have some experience at being a hero. Even if it's through being a vigilante.

Itachi: That's one way of looking at it.

Midoriya: I've heard about other pairs of vigilantes. Have you ever worked with any?

Itachi: No. I worked alone. 

Tsuyu: What other vigilantes are you talking about?

Midoriya went on about a pair calling themselves the Zombie Duo and how they were supposedly immortal. But they also had a reputation of killing heroes. He also told about something called the Akatsuki which consisted of two heroes from an unknown hero agency. They're Quirks seemed flashy and powerful. After Midoriya finished informing Tsu and Itachi of these two, Kirishima stepped in. 

Kirishima: If you want to talk about flashy and strong, it's gotta be Todoroki and Bakugo. Itachi too!

Tsuyu: Itachi is definitely powerful, but Bakugo's always angry so he'll never bee too popular though.

Bakugo: WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY?! I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!

Tsuyu: See?

Kaminari: We've all known each other for a few days, and we can already tell your personality is flaming crap mixed with garbage.

Kisame: Not only that, but you really seem the kind that dies an early death.

Bakugo: I'LL SHOW YOU EARLY DEATH FISHSTICKS!

Kisame only scoffed off Bakugo's threat. 

Kisame: Keep running your mouth like that, and you'll be digging yourself a deeper grave hehehhe!

Hearing that caused the mood to go down.

Tsuyu: Not what I was going for, but okay.

Itachi: Kisame. Try not to antagonize anyone. We're trying to be heroes, not kill each other.

Aizawa: All right we're here. 

Everyone got off the bus and got in USJ, not knowing what was ahead of them.