Chapter 5

11:23a.m. [Hi Sexy! How is it going? Missing me much? ;) ]

Shivay woke up in the morning and was taken by surprise to see Tia's message. Where was she all of Saturday? And How come he never tried to find out? Oh, right he was busy worrying for Anika. Shivay gave himself the mental shake - he was worrying unnecessarily for that Anika, she was obviously not bothered about him worrying for her - he should focus and worry about Tia - she was sweet, pretty, cute and also hot - she would make an amazing girlfriend smiled Shivay and replied to her text.

11:27a.m. [Hey babe, where were you all of yesterday? Missed you. Wanna do lunch?]

11:30a.m. [Sweety I would love to, but I am out of town - came with a few friends. See you tomorrow? And let's do dinner tomorrow instead?]

11:32a.m. [Your wish is my command, princess. Have a safe trip!]

Shivay met up Om instead that day, Om was sulking, and that surprised Shivay. He had hitched with a beautiful girl and had spent most of the weekend with her, then why was he low? Upon enquiring he told him that Amaya had had an ugly fight with her boyfriend and hence had spent the last two days with him - she rebounded on him - and last night after patching up with her boyfriend, she had snapped ties with him.

Shivay tried very hard to not laugh at his state, but it was difficult. He sniggered and after cursing Shivay, Om soon joined in. Shivay briefly filled Om with whatever was going on and also mentioned the Anika incident in the club.

"WHAT? Like really? You guys LEFT her? How irresponsible of you guys!" jerked out Om in dismay. Then he wondered why Anika never called him, and realized he had told her he was leaving with Amaya - maybe that's why she didn't call. He quickly called Anika, and Shivay was soon very alert to eavesdrop - but all he heard was Om say, "Hello Anika? Yeah, okay. Sure." And he hung up. Shivay looked at him questioningly, Om informed Anika was out with friends for a movie. Shivay frowned - out with friends? Where did these friends suddenly turn up from? Didn't Somu ask him to befriend her because she didn't have any friends? Suddenly the image of that dancing boy from last night flashed in his mind - dancing with Anika - pretty idiot boy he thought.

***

Anika had met Mallika and Daksh for the movie, but later thought it was prudent to leave them alone for a bit - citing assignments as her excuse, she came back to Mallika's hostel - she still wasn't ready to head home.

Mallika and Daksh had gone to a caf, Mallika sat quietly, a little far from Daksh. She smiled at him politely, but the twinkle in her eyes were missing - Daksh didn't notice that. He was feeling better today - more hopeful about their future today than yesterday. He smiled at her with satisfaction. He enquired if she wanted something to drink - a glitter almost came back to her eyes as she opened her mouth to ask for "Cold chocolate with whipped cream and choco chips and red velvet cake for a side" but her smile faltered, she remembered her sister's advice - to be matured around Daksh - did mature people have these? Probably not. She changed her mind in the last moment and asked for a simple cappuccino. Daksh smiled and asked for the same - her eyes shone to see they had similar taste - but did they really? She didn't like cappuccinos! Daksh however seemed more impressed. He began,

"After yesterday, I thought you would order silly things like those fancy chocolatey drinks you know! The ones you see silly school kids fawn over? I guess Anika was right, you aren't as childish, you were only happy to see me suddenly last morning!" Mallika's stiffened, and internally thanked her stars for not ordering those - it hurt her to finally see what Daksh felt about her true self, but at least he thought better now - she smiled. She only had to behave matured around him - that's it. Simple.

***

Anika decided to call back Om in the evening. An anxious Om wanted to meet Anika right then - though Anika tried to calm him telling him she was okay, Om wouldn't budge. He told her that no matter what, he wanted to talk to her and they needed to meet. A reluctant Anika agreed.