Chapter 13

Anika fidgeted with her phone as she stood outside Imera auditorium. Shivay was waiting for her and Tia inside, but Tia hadn't shown up yet. As many times Anika called, her phone seemed unreachable. She was there with Shivay all day, she queued with him to collect his docket number, she went and saved a small practice room for him, as he went to fetch his guitar, she even got a box of first aid, lest Shivay cut his finger while practicing or had a itchy throat. Now that all was settled and he was waiting for his turn to perform before the judges in another half an hour, she had excused herself and come out to check on Tia - even though he wasn't voicing it, she knew he was silently waiting for Tia. She felt upset seeing the hope and anxiety with which he was waiting for her to come and it broke her heart to think how short-lived his happiness was - right now, even though it would mean a massive heart break for her, she so wished Tia would genuinely accept him - just for Shivay's sake she wished.

She checked her watch again, Shivay was due to go for audition in another fifteen minutes, and she knew if he didn't speak his heart out to Tia before that, it was sure to have an impact on his music. She shut her eyes and murmured a prayer for Tia to arrive, when she heard a voice behind her.

"Hey Anika, I am here - why Imera though? Has he planned something super filmy for me? I hope not, I will only be too embarrassed considering I know I don't see Shivay that way anymore" she replied in a matter-of-fact voice which irritated Anika to the core, but she chose to ignore it and think of Shivay instead. She showed Tia the way inside.

"Err..Anika, what is going on here? Is there an event? Is he going to propose me live or something? Will this be casted on national television? Oh My God, then Daksh will get to know!! Anika I cant do this! Gosh Shivay! He is SO STUPID" said Tia stamping her feet in dismay.

"Shivay isn't stupid. And he isn't doing any public display of affection so be assured. Just play on with the plan" replied Anika through gritted teeth.

As Tia entered the auditorium and turned towards Shivay's practice area, Shivay's name was called, he was next on queue. Tia was startled hearing the announcement - Shivay was auditioning for this talent hunt? As far as she knew, he was very good with music, what were the chances he could crack this one? While she mused on her thoughts, Anika rushed past her and dashed towards Shivay.

"Okay Shivay you are next - Tia is also here, but she can wait - you go in and rock it tonight. You have a very bright career Shivay, go take your first step" she told him breathlessly, she had for once forgotten to be shy around him and hugged him tight.

Shivay was puzzled seeing Anika's enthusiasm. True he never shared about this audition with anyone, but he also knew no one would have felt as involved or excited, for a moment Shivay forgot he was going for the audition, it felt like Anika was going herself - Shivay smiled.

"Anika, your enthusiasm and optimisim is infectious! I feel positive too. But I will catch you later, because I know Tia can wait, but I don't want her too, I wanna tell her how I feel before going!! Wish me luck Anika!" with that he sprinted towards Tia, leaving a suddenly quiet and tearful Anika behind.

Shivay walked towards Tia, she saw him coming and smiled in her usual friendly way, Shivay smiled back his most charming smile, he sure knew she would be having butterflies in her stomach now - but she was lucky thought Shivay, cause she would get to keep those butterflies in her stomach for life, as he planned to stay with her for life.

"Shivay, what did you have to say? And cheater, you never told me about this audition, I would have supported you nah? Okay go now and all the best!" she said with her sweetest smile.

Shivay stood there before her, and was about to say something when one of the crew-member came to him, to pull him near the stage. While being dragged, he motioned the crew to give him a moment, as he pulled out of his grip, he ran to Tia, she gave him a surprised look when he just grabbed her hand and spoke.