Chapter 24

Mallika didn't talk much while they were on their way to Mallika's - Om tried asking why she looked so worked up, she only muttered that she was busy planning something - Shivay and Om looked at her curiously - but she didn't let anything else slip. When they finally reached, before taking Om and Shivay inside the house, Mallika grabbed Shivay's hand and stopped him.

"Remember, you're not Shivay, you're Rudra - Priyanka's boyfriend. Mom knows about Shivay from di, she won't be happy to welcome you right now!" Shivay gulped and nodded and they followed her inside.

When Shiela came to the living room, she was pleasantly surprised to see so many kids around - she wasn't expecting them -after all the roka was arranged in such a rush, she never expected that Anika's friends would be able to manage.

Mallika hurried to her and introduced Shivay as Rudra and Shiela smiled at him - After all Priyanka had told her all about Rudra the other day - there was something in Rudra's goofy smile she thought - it was very childish and lovable. When they had met Shiela and Anika's daadi, Shivay was feeling agitated again, it had been an hour that they had arrived, yet there was no trace of Anika - where was she? And after reaching home, Mallika seemed so involved in celebrations that it seemed to him that maybe she had forgotten that there was a roka to stop!

"Oi cartoon!" he hissed at Mallika and she raised her eyebrows in order to argue. "Did you forget that we are here to stop the roka, not help in its preparation?" he asked.

"Be patient! When there was so much time, why couldn't you propose my di? You think you're Shah Rukh Khan of DDLJ?" she hissed back. Om laughed, "Don't worry Mallika I have punished him enough for being late - lets go on with the plan and not waste time - where is Anika?" he asked.

"Uff Om, we can't just directly take him inside and give them privacy. Our friends and cousins won't let her be alone with him - what is the use then? I have called up our other accomplice, she will come and only she can ensure their privacy!" she replied with shiny yes eagerly awaiting praise.

"Who is this new accomplice?" asked Shivay curiously.

" Why Priyanka, my bestie Priks, and your girlfriend too!" she replied laughing.

"Priks? Who Priks? And I don't have a girlfriend - Anika is my, would be girlfriend!!" he replied indignantly.

"Uff! You are Rudra! Remember?? And Priyanka is Rudra's girlfriend! Mom doesn't know that Di has met Rudra, so Priks will excitedly take you inside to introduce di to her boyfriend, and with that she can shove others outside!" she chirped excitedly.

"And what about Priyanka?? What about her? She will be with us inside while I propose my Anika??" asked Shivay irritated." Om smirked and Mallika just couldn't leave this opportunity.

"Oho Shivay, what if she is there, you are just going to propose nah? Or is there other plans? Ahem ahem..well all other plans need to wait huh" she laughed as Shivay looked at her darkly.

"Let this mess sort out, I will get back at you!" he replied crossly.

"You have all your life to get even with me, I would be your sister-in-law after all" she laughed.

"Sister-in-law, how so?" all three got tensed hearing Anika's mothers voice from behind.

"Mom actually the thing is..." she mumbled when she heard a voice from behind, "Uff Badi Ma, Malli will be a sister-in-law only nah, of my future husband?" she spoke happily and came and hugged Shivay.

"Awww Rudra baby, how are you??" she squealed much to Shivay's astonishment. Om just about managed to turn his snort to a cough as Mallika stole murderous glances at the boys for making fun of Priks.