first

The soft hustle of the trees and melodic chirps of the birds filled the area, forming a small smile on my lips. I hummed softly along with the birds, matching my melody with theirs.

I swayed my body in sync with the melody as I placed the fresh set of bacons and eggs onto the heated pan, making small sizzling noises.

Soon, the room was filled with the smell of bacons and eggs. I placed it on two empty plates equally along with the freshly toasted slice of bread.

As I was preparing our breakfast, you came down, your face marked with sleepiness and your messy hair covering half of your sleepy eyes.

A smile spread on my lips as two words came out of my mouth, echoing throughout the room, "Good morning." You stared at me and gave me a smile that didn't reach your eyes, rubbing your eyes in the process, before saying back the words.

I motioned for you to come sit and you followed. I watched you with a smile as you gobbled down the food, face unreadable. Feeling my stare, you looked up and gave me a confused look.

"Why are you not eating?" You asked softly, staring back and forth at me and the plate in front of me. I shrugged at your question and asked you a question of mine.

"How's the food?" I queried, eyeing you with anticipation. You rolled your eyes playfully and stated it in a matter-of-fact tone, not even bothering to look me in the eyes, "It's bacon and egg, of course, it would taste good."

Silence filled the room as the two of us ate in silence. I kept stealing quick glances at you until you caught me and held my stare. My breath got caught, making me gasp slightly as you stared at me with such intensity, leaving me no choice but to stare back at your chocolate orbs.

You licked your lips as you fiddled with your hands nervously. I smiled bitterly. I knew this day would come, but I never expected it to be this soon. I know I might sound selfish, but please don't say it. Not today.

"Y/n..." My name rolled off your tongue so easily as if it was made for you to say it, but unfortunately, it wasn't. I faked a smile, trying to urge you to go on despite of the enormous internal protests going inside of me.

You heaved out a sigh as you opened your mouth, only to close it immediately. I watched you struggle with words, trying to find the words that will hurt less.

"What is it, Kookie?" I blurted out, snapping you out of your nervous trance. You smiled sadly before your expression went blank, face completely indecipherable.

"I'm seeing another girl." You stated nonchalantly as if it was the easiest thing to say, eyes void of any emotion, including guilt. My throat went dry as tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

I let out a shaky smile, struggling to form words. "W...What...?" You sighed, irritated. "You heard me. Don't even think of asking me to change my mind, because I won't."

Those words spilled out of your mouth, eyes boring onto mine, not even caring about how I felt. Are we really done? Is this really the end of us?

I bit my lip, trying to stop myself from shedding tears. The last thing I want to show him was me, crying. I managed to show a small smile despite the painful ache in my chest. "I know."

You stared at me in surprise and it was soon replaced with one of your infamous smirk, which I loved so much. "You're not that dumb, eh? Makes things easier then."

Those words struck me like stones, breaking pieces of my heart into tinier pieces. I'm, sometimes, amazed at how much I loved you to the extent that I would accept such hurtful words if it means being with you.

Crazy, I know, but that's how much I loved you. Unfortunately, you don't love me the way I do. "Let's get this straight. Let's breakup. I don't feel the same way towards you anymore."

Silence fell upon us once again as my mouth refused to utter another word. You finished your plate of food and stood up, but before you could completely leave, I asked you a question that have been lingering for forever in my mind.

"W...when did you fell out of love for me?" I mumbled loud enough for you to hear, afraid to hear your answer. You turned back to me and gave me a serious look.

"I don't know," you started through gritted teeth, eyes filled with hatred, "Maybe it was when you had no time to spare for me especially when I needed you the most. Maybe it was when you didn't give me the love and attention that I craved from you and instead, found it from another person!"

"I wouldn't be like this if it wasn't for you. We wouldn't be like this if you just gave a fuck about me." I smiled bitterly as your words hit me like a truck. You were right. It was my fault that we were like this, but you didn't spare me any of your time too.

When silence filled the room, I looked up to you in curiosity, only to meet your eyes looking at me with such absurdity. "So, you're blaming me now? We know very well, you're the reason why we're like this right now!"

You attempted to leave, but I grabbed your hand as if my life depended on it, afraid of losing you. "Please give me 3 days. After that, I'll disappear from your sight. I won't bother you anymore. Please."

You stared at me for awhile, face unreadable before pulling your hand out of my grip and leaving the house.

If I could turn back to the time where the word 'us' still exist, would you still be here by my side?

A/N: I know it sucks sorry i tried my best :(