second

It's been hours since you have left the house. The sky is now starting to turn into a shade of purple and lights from the houses and the street illuminated the place. You didn't call nor text me back. You haven't even answered yet.

I already knew it from the start. The sudden change in your demeanor and treatment towards me gave it away. I tried to brush it off, refusing to believe such thing and even scolding myself to think such thing.

It was all just wild guesses and unproved claims, until someone confirmed it. I called you a hundred times that day only to be sent to voicemail. I bit my lip in nervousness as those thoughts filled my mind again.

With shaky hands, I called Taehyung's number. Half of me was glad that I called him, and the other half regretted doing it. "Y/n? What brings you to call me?" Taehyung's voice boomed through the other side of the line, making me gulp unconsciously.

"Tae, hi. Is Jungkook with you? I've been calling him a lot of times now, but he wouldn't pick up." There was a long pause, and that didn't help with the anxiety that was slowly eating me up.

"He...uh..." I could hear the hesitance in Taehyung's voice and I don't like it even one bit. "What is it, Tae? Please tell me."

"Jungkook is with Jieun, the hairstylist noona. He told me that you already knew." But I didn't. My heart tore into pieces as I tried to come up with excuses as to why is he with their hairstylist late at night without telling me.

My train of thoughts was disrupted when his voice filled my ear again. "Y/n, I don't know if I should tell you this, but I'm really bothered with it."

"What is it?" A lump formed in my throat as I waited for his reply. "I often see him and noona  flirting or holding hands. He doesn't even try to be discreet about it. When I confronted him, he just gave me an annoyed grunt. Are you and jungkook okay?"

My heart dropped and my breathing hitched as tears started streaming down my face. My guesses were true. It was the first time that I hated myself for being keen and not dumb. Taehyung called out to me when I went silent, voice laced with worry and concern.

I faked a laugh. "Maybe they're just really close friends, Tae. I think you're just overthinking," I retorted, trying to convince him and myself. He let out a sigh.

"I really hope so too, y/n. I hope those gazes and glances they shot towards each other don't mean anything. I really hope I misunderstood it too. But remember y/n, I'm a guy too, I can tell whether a guy is cheating or not."

And with that, the phone call ended, leaving me with my heart scattered throughout the place.

I should've confronted you that day. I should've listened to Taehyung. But I was too much of a coward and let you walk all over me again and again, feigning ignorance.

I watched us slowly drifting apart from each other. I watched you slowly falling out of love for me. I couldn't do anything but watch. Taehyung kept giving me pitiful glances and I hated it. I felt so weak.

I shook my head slightly, trying to shake off my thoughts. I grabbed my phone on the table and dialed a number. It rang until it got picked up in the fifth ring.

Leaving no time for the other person to say hello, I blurted out the words that I've been wanting to say since this morning. "I won't do it anymore. I'll stop everything."

There was a long pause before the other person answered. "Are you sure? You know-"

"I know and I'm aware of it. I'm 100% sure." An audible sigh could be heard as I smiled bitterly. I know this was the dumbest decision, but there was no use for it now anyway, so why not stop?

"I hope you'll change your mind." I heaved out a long sigh and closed my eyes. "I won't. Thank you for everything. Bye."

I ended the call and stared at the ceiling for what seemed like hours. I just did it and there's no turning back now. A loud ding echoed throughout the room, breaking my train of thoughts.

My lips curled upwards as I saw your ID on the screen.

From: Kookie💖

I'll accept your offer. I'll stay for 3 days and after that, keep your promise.

Without hesitation, I quickly typed a reply, not wasting another second before pressing send.

To: Kookie💖

I will, thank you :)